Using 20$ (( 2000$ ))

zaXer.

I recall selling food and petty items for 5-10$ and quite a few people just paid 500$ or 10x bc of the rp going on , which seemed fair and I appreciated though simply asking 1000x more because of the difference is ..meh. At least have a fair conversion if something that you do require you to pay people and you genuinely create roleplay. For the DVDs in what world is it fair to sell one for a six large when all that's done is a simple /createitem to acquire it and no value is actually provided.The price is a fairly big deal once you're done with the base paychecks

tldr- should be a time, place and reasonability as for how much the prices being bumped and in an ideal case (imo) just go on with the cheapest and the most realistic price leaving it to the buyers if they want to pay any further

On 7/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jennie said:

It's called inflation, they're rp'ng selling the product for 60$ and not 6000$ because nobody in their life buys a dvd for 6000$.

We can not take the prices of things seriously when in vehicles they don't make any sense, or that a flashlight costs more than a box of 200 bullets.

If they sell a DVD at 6000$ it is because unlike real life, that DVD is sold to millions of people, and on the server it only sells to a dozen people.

Correct; I feel if your confused on the price of something don't buy it or PM the individual for clarification. If that person isn't willing to work with you they are not worth the problems in the first place. 

The staff team has had a discussion about the issue and came to a simple and unanimous decision: 

You pay whatever the person asks you to ICly, you ignore whatever he says OOCly. 

If the person gives you one amount in IC chat and then another amount in OOC chat, paying him the OOC amount means you've just MGed. You were given OOC information, you followed up on the OOC information ICly. This falls under the basic definition of MG.

Now, what if the person argues with you in OOC chat? Well, there's a simple fix for that too. Only an admin can stop or alter RP through any OOC chat, meaning the person who's asking for money OOCly cannot insist on that amount OOCly and stop the roleplay due to you refusing to pay. Call an admin if this happens, the admin will rule in your favor. 

There's really no point in a further discussion considering this falls under MG. Clarification was understandably needed and was given, which is where this thread ends as far as I'm concerned.

P.S: I hope I haven't given you the impression that I was against this thread/discussion. As mentioned above, I think a bit of clarification didn't hurt, which is why I think the thread was great. 

• Upvote 4