Using 20$ (( 2000$ ))

zaXer.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

So you are trying to say gtaw economy is realistic? It's anything but that you don't buy beer for 30 bucks you don't buy a cigarette for 20, if server had a proper economy in terms of numbers we wouldn't need that 60((6000)) stuff. 

So since gtaw does not have the real life economy, i think that we should just say 6k for whatever you're selling without any ((6000)) shit. Or we can just sell beer 3$((30)). 

I can't see how it's affecting you, people are just doing it to be a bit realistic with the prices, just play the game ? If you see someone is doing it just flow with him xD

As others pointed out, you folk have to realize that we're not portraying the real world 100%. San Andreas is a fictional state, Los Santos is a fictional city and it has it's own economy. As a roleplayer, it's your job to adapt to the setting you're playing in instead of pulling out values that you deem realistic. 

If a beer costs me 100$ IG, you're damn right I'm not going to complain. I already get 800$ per hour for doing absolutely nothing, and an hour of RP work can easily fetch you 5-10k$ or more, depending on activity. 

If a mask costs 5000$, it costs 5000$. If a DVD costs 6000$, it costs 6000$. If a drink costs 100$+, it costs 100$+. It's your job to adapt to the setting and realize that you're playing in a fictional world.

• Applaud 1
19 minutes ago, Gryffin said:

As others pointed out, you folk have to realize that we're not portraying the real world 100%. San Andreas is a fictional state, Los Santos is a fictional city and it has it's own economy. As a roleplayer, it's your job to adapt to the setting you're playing in instead of pulling out values that you deem realistic. 

If a beer costs me 100$ IG, you're damn right I'm not going to complain. I already get 800$ per hour for doing absolutely nothing, and an hour of RP work can easily fetch you 5-10k$ or more, depending on activity. 

If a mask costs 5000$, it costs 5000$. If a DVD costs 6000$, it costs 6000$. If a drink costs 100$+, it costs 100$+. It's your job to adapt to the setting and realize that you're playing in a fictional world.

Ok so tell me how it's not PG to have around 50k on your person when all youre wearing is a tshirt and shorts

1 hour ago, shotgun_sam said:

We do it because it just looks stupid when my character is somehow carrying 10k just for purchases. It's immersion

Then for sake of immersion /charity those 200k you get with starter paychecks, it's after all, immersion DUDE.

52 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

Ok so tell me how it's not PG to have around 50k on your person when all youre wearing is a tshirt and shorts

If you wish to suggest a cash limit as to how much you can carry and tie it to items like a duffle bag - you know where to post it. 

Dont mix apples and pears.

This is not about being able to carry unrealistic amounts, this is about roleplaying supposed realistic prices that directly conflict with the LORE and ECONOMY of the server. Stick to the topic. 

1 minute ago, Coni said:

If you wish to suggest a cash limit as to how much you can carry and tie it to items like a duffle bag - you know where to post it. 

Dont mix apples and pears.

This is not about being able to carry unrealistic amounts, this is about roleplaying supposed realistic prices that directly conflict with the LORE and ECONOMY of the server. Stick to the topic. 

I'm giving you an explanation as to why people use their own prices. It's not realistic against an economy that will always rise

24 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

Then for sake of immersion /charity those 200k you get with starter paychecks, it's after all, immersion DUDE.

You're missing the point lol. it's not realistic to carrying 20k, 50k on hand. We use our own prices because it's the closest thing we can get to a realistic economy

Just now, shotgun_sam said:

I'm giving you an explanation as to why people use their own prices. It's not realistic against an economy that will always rise

You're missing the point lol. it's not realistic to carrying 20k, 50k on hand. We use our own prices because it's the closest thing we can get to a realistic economy

Bad explanation. The physical boundaries from carrying 500 $100 bills says nothing about if you should be allowed to powergame IC prices. 

Maybe we have $1000 bills in our universe? Like I said apples and pears. 

Roleplay the money as it is. Imagine how a 24/7 store would earn if some of the items were priced like in real life($2, $5...).

In real life a lot more people buy consumables from 24/7 than on this server or any other server and that's how real life stores earn, on quantity. As we don't have such a quantity items' prices are different, to fit the server's economy.

I'll explain it for the 1000th time, economy prices are based on items values.

You cannot price items like real life because it would completely ruin your game economy.

Quick example: If you follow IRL price.

> Houses are $350k

> Your monthly payment is 4k

> Guns are $100-$200, most items are $5-6.

>> Result: We have a decent economy for small items, but all vehicles / houses cannot be afforded, and no a mortgage system wouldn't work because you are not here 20 years to work all day to refund it and reach the loan money.

Second example, follow IRL price but base paychecks on houses value

> Houses are $350k

> Your hourly payment (instead of monthly) is 4k

> Guns are $100-$200, most items are $5-$6

>> Result : You have a broken economy except for vehicles and housing, everything else is meaningless and you can buy thousands of them.

The current mix is good because it allows realistic prices based on values. A realistic economy != a mirror of real life prices. Real life prices are what they are based on each items values too.

source: 

@Nervous wanna explain it for 1001st time?

Edited by ZgazenaMacka
11 minutes ago, Coni said:

Bad explanation. The physical boundaries from carrying 500 $100 bills says nothing about if you should be allowed to powergame IC prices. 

Maybe we have $1000 bills in our universe? Like I said apples and pears. 

$1000 bills don't exist. We aren't RPing in a world of fiction we are RPing the real world. I don't see why your getting so agitated over the fact that some people find it less realistic when you're supposed to RPing a poor homeless drug addict but dropping 6k on a cheap dvd