Using 20$ (( 2000$ ))

zaXer.

Inflation in GTA RP servers can't be solved. But this sort of agreement has long been one of the ways in which its been managed while also providing some modicum of sense in terms of actual roleplay. Rarely do you find my characters saying how much something cost them in terms of the actual currency afforded to them by the server. That currency has next to no bearing on my characters. Instead, I go off of what something would be priced IRL. However, I fully understand the need to translate that into the OOC currency that exists - because that is the currency / language that the script speaks. 

In short, no, I don't really think people should stop doing this unless there's some sort of rule or actual OOC consensus reached by the community whether we want to try and preserve realism or just say fuck it and let the ridiculous prices for things in the server be taken ICly. 

Its absurd and I always ignore the price in OOC.

If they say the price for X is $60 ((6000)) I just pay 60. Let them moan in PM /b later. We have our own economy we should stick to. If you say a price IC expect me to pay it and just it. Damn scrubs mixing IC / OOC.

Edit: To add - back in the day when people did that at least they did it with smaller differences, like 10 ((100)) etc, but now its from tens to OOC thousands. It's ridiculous to compare 10 to 1k. muh immersion

Edited by Memozzy

I swear eff off with your RL arguments. You dont pay 5$ ((500$)) for club entry you pay 500$. LS is NOT LA. Its INSPIRED by it. In GTA those prices are normal based on lore. Your character is not alianated by paying 6000$ for a switchblade or 2000$ for a stupid dufflebag because in the universe where he exists its normal. 

You not being able to accept that just shows that you keep projecting yourself onto the character youre supposed to portray. 

• Applaud 2
7 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

lol it's called realism

please buy a dvd for 6k  and post here again

So you are trying to say gtaw economy is realistic? It's anything but that you don't buy beer for 30 bucks you don't buy a cigarette for 20, if server had a proper economy in terms of numbers we wouldn't need that 60((6000)) stuff. 

So since gtaw does not have the real life economy, i think that we should just say 6k for whatever you're selling without any ((6000)) shit. Or we can just sell beer 3$((30)). 

You got your point and it's a good point, but the beer and the DVD thing isn't that right because the DVD is selling for 20$/200$ scriptwise (2000$) and the beer is selling for 80 scriptwise. The man who's selling the beer should say it costs 8$ IC and 80 scriptwise. I think I solved your problem ?

Since when is the DVD selling scriptwise for less than IC? Do you pay 20000$ for your dufflebag IC because the store wants 2000$

Just roleplay the prices according to what they are on the server and be done with it. You do know there are multiple Dollar currencies all not having the same value? 200 Liberian Dollars 1,1€

10 GTA $ = 1 US $. Period. Our Universe got a different economy than it's real-life inspiration. Don't know what's so hard to get about that. I will do this as others said. You say 60$, you get 60$. If you meant 6000$ you should've said that. 

Edited by Coni
Made a error in the values

its 10 GTA $ == 1 US $ we should just lob off a 0 from items, problem solved. pistol == 2k, beer == $6, bag = 120, switchblade, 800, 9 lock safe == 2600, houselock = 50, lockpick 100, etc.

the problem is housing + cars is priced realistically but items are fucked. So you cannot just lob a 0 off everything + peoples money. Its kind of a shitty deal

Edited by vray

People are just trying to be realistic... they sell beer for 80 because it costs around 50 in the liquor store, they need to make a bit of profit according to the price they bought it for, so if you want to change the prices the server should change it's prices as well, I'm not talking about the beer only, same with switchblades, people seek to get a nice profit selling them, but they have to sell it for high prices because the server gives it for a high price, and that's how the 10$ IC 100$ scriptwise comes into the game. People just want to make the prices a bit realistic according to real life...

58 minutes ago, Lance said:

So you are trying to say gtaw economy is realistic? It's anything but that you don't buy beer for 30 bucks you don't buy a cigarette for 20, if server had a proper economy in terms of numbers we wouldn't need that 60((6000)) stuff. 

So since gtaw does not have the real life economy, i think that we should just say 6k for whatever you're selling without any ((6000)) shit. Or we can just sell beer 3$((30)). 

We do it because it just looks stupid when my character is somehow carrying 10k just for purchases. It's immersion