Postlimit in Faction Sub-Forum

Coni

I am suggesting to limit the posting on the faction sub-forum to 1 post per thread. This allows to give feedback on other faction threads but what it also does is something way more significant:

The current screenshot culture of factions is - quantity posts over quality posts. With this I don't mean the screenshots but the posts themselves. 

Faction member A has small RP

Faction member A posts 2 screenshots of that RP

Faction member B posts 2 screenshots of that RP

Faction member A posts yet another couple screenshots from the same day

Faction member B does the same

They basically keep juggling the thread, essentially trying to "bump" it as often as possible. This created an environment where nearly every faction has to do it in order to keep the thread in an encounterable position while giving no actual benefit to the reader. 

With a post-limit every faction member would first roleplay the complete day and accumulate his screenshots. He'd then only do one post containing all screenshots of that day. He still shows the same amount of screenshots he wanted to show in the current system but he would keep them tightly packed together. This would also allow for a more thought through approach as to WHICH screenshots you post because you only have one post anyway and the effect to the thread activity is the same - no matter if you post 20 screenshots or just 1-3 that contain the best part of the day.

Edited by Coni
  • Upvote 1

I agree with some points but I totally disagree with another.
I could stack SS's of the said day, however some scenes don't actually fit the story-line since they can't just relate themselves with any of the other SS's. There are a few scenes that have no be posted separately.
What I could suggest is-... instead of posting the same scenario twice ( in-case two faction members involved), one of them should quote the first post and fulfill it with things that the first one might've forgotten. 

I could've just posted the whole scene again, but there are two different perspectives and some things that went missing. Posting my stuff without actually quoting wouldn't make any sense since it'd just pop up and nobody would've a clue about the background content. 

E.g: 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________//________________________________________________________________

On 7/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Dashing said:

Disrespect

2QGdFen.png

2YvKP4e.png

or4fRny.png

Emilia has lost her friends trust when she has decided to think louder and out-stand from the other youngings, however that move was seen as a plain disrespect from her side.

Emilia was invited to the trap-house to clarify everything.

Emilia met ' Temper ' later on, who was in a rather good mood and has decided to revoke her carrying bless instead of beating her.

Emilia was sent to the place she belongs.

IXOVhb.jpg

Tld1Bv.jpg

11 minutes ago, Emilia said:

I agree with some points but I totally disagree with another.
I could stack SS's of the said day, however some scenes don't actually fit the story-line since they can't just relate themselves with any of the other SS's. There are a few scenes that have no be posted separately.
What I could suggest is-... instead of posting the same scenario twice ( in-case two faction members involved), one of them should quote the first post and fulfill it with things that the first one might've forgotten. 

I could've just posted the whole scene again, but there are two different perspectives and some things that went missing. Posting my stuff without actually quoting wouldn't make any sense since it'd just pop up and nobody would've a clue about the background content. 

E.g: 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________//________________________________________________________________

Emilia has lost her friends trust when she has decided to think louder and out-stand from the other youngings, however that move was seen as a plain disrespect from her side.

Emilia was invited to the trap-house to clarify everything.

Emilia met ' Temper ' later on, who was in a rather good mood and has decided to revoke her carrying bless instead of beating her.

Emilia was sent to the place she belongs.

IXOVhb.jpg

Tld1Bv.jpg

My understanding is that everyone posts his own narrative of said day or his general RP from his own perspective. I see no need to coordinate with other faction members just to create ping-pong threads to tell a supposed narrative. 

Like you said you could still reference back to other Posts from other people within your 1x limited post or - EDIT-function. If you truely want to tell a narrative as opposed to just ping-pong-bump the thread (which unfortunately is more often the case than not) then you can handle that via EDITs. 

You can also always relate screenshots to one another with text like you did. Screenshots don't need to explain themselves really thought, at least not for me.

Most people don't give two much crap about them anyway. They look around, scuffle through the screenshots and then decide for a faction to roleplay with. At that point it's already unimportant to most. 

The screenshot culture largely stems from LS-RP where faction management got too lazy to actually hop IG and experience factions instead deciding benefits based on screenshots. Since we neither have those excessive benefits here nor do I take our faction management for the lazy type, I see no point in keeping that outdated faction-thread culture alive anyhow. 

Faction thread is just sort of a showcase, actually, people don't bother to SS every single scene or even those important ones. The thread it's just to show people what type of faction "this" is. If you ask me, indeed it is cool having a faction thread, but in my opinion, people just post without effort because they "have to post on the thread" , " because it is part of the faction requirements", and not because they have some pleasure doing so, or want to show people the effort that is being done to keep the thread & faction alive.
Sadly that's what it is, and most of the faction threads are all about wielding and gang-banging because that's what people nowadays is looking for.
People don't please "SOLO" RP within a faction anymore, they don't bother to post because they even think it is nothing related to the faction itself, however, it should be. The experiences your character goes through are because you're linked with that people, that community, that hood.

The idea is cool, but it's hard to implement or force. People will either stop posting ( " because that scene was posted by someone else and they don't want to bother to edit any other") or threads will be decreased on activity.

I don't support this as it's not really necessary and because it'd limit the players. It's fine how it is. Reading a faction story bit by bit is better than going through 20 screens per post - it'd get boring. The quantity over quality posts is something the faction leader should deal with, so let them know.

Lol no stop trying to change how faction threads have worked on rp server before gta 5 RP was even a thing. It’s the faction itself right to post extra if they want to, if they aren’t pushing quality they’ll be dealt with by fmt or even be bashed by the community for having low standard rp

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, WirelessMind said:

Lol no stop trying to change how faction threads have worked on rp server before gta 5 RP was even a thing. It’s the faction itself right to post extra if they want to, if they aren’t pushing quality they’ll be dealt with by fmt or even be bashed by the community for having low standard rp

• Upvote 1

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with the system we have. Just making more work for the admins who will have to moderate over posting, but also, if you feel like a faction is ‘over posting’ just don’t look at their thread? ?

On 7/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, WirelessMind said:

On 7/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Coni said:

I am suggesting to limit the posting on the faction sub-forum to 1 post per thread. This allows to give feedback on other faction threads but what it also does is something way more significant:

The current screenshot culture of factions is - quantity posts over quality posts. With this I don't mean the screenshots but the posts themselves. 

Faction member A has small RP

Faction member A posts 2 screenshots of that RP

Faction member B posts 2 screenshots of that RP

Faction member A posts yet another couple screenshots from the same day

Faction member B does the same

They basically keep juggling the thread, essentially trying to "bump" it as often as possible. This created an environment where nearly every faction has to do it in order to keep the thread in an encounterable position while giving no actual benefit to the reader. 

With a post-limit every faction member would first roleplay the complete day and accumulate his screenshots. He'd then only do one post containing all screenshots of that day. He still shows the same amount of screenshots he wanted to show in the current system but he would keep them tightly packed together. This would also allow for a more thought through approach as to WHICH screenshots you post because you only have one post anyway and the effect to the thread activity is the same - no matter if you post 20 screenshots or just 1-3 that contain the best part of the day.

agree but disagree,

i used to post entire day stories but now i just don’t have the energy to take screens put them together and then edit an entire days worth of screenshots and then post them. i’d rather take 3-4 small screens of little parts of that day and make them funny or high quality and post them instead.

i’ve learned that literally no one gives a shit about the story, but if they do give a shit then they could watch my livestreams of the entire day.

• mj2002 locked this topic