LSRP.

Nasty

Recently quit LSRP due to boredom and lack of fun. People are so hell bent on realism and supplying OOC friends you can't enjoy the game and roleplay. The management team micromanages shit that doesn't even need to be micromanaged. I.E firearms and drugs. This server and GTA V RP as a whole is very promising. 

LSRP is done, it's just a making money server more than anything. I always roleplayed a mechanic and the amount of people that didn't even want to RP the repairs etc was appalling. What I heard the most there was always "Skip rp". Well it's a RP server and you people want to skip the RP? Then it's just full of "gang bangers" and cops. Might as well convert it to a cnr server. 

29 minutes ago, RoamPT said:

LSRP is done, it's just a making money server more than anything. I always roleplayed a mechanic and the amount of people that didn't even want to RP the repairs etc was appalling. What I heard the most there was always "Skip rp". Well it's a RP server and you people want to skip the RP? Then it's just full of "gang bangers" and cops. Might as well convert it to a cnr server. 

This, unfortunately. Amongst several other issues. A fresh start over here looks far more promising than LSRP’s future. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Winter said:

This, unfortunately. Amongst several other issues. A fresh start over here looks far more promising than LSRP’s future. 

That's for sure, I played in LSRP since early 2009(January) and to be honest I have experienced higher RP standards here in a few months compared to all those years I played there, I mean sure the first years were alright there, RP quality was decent and what separated them from the other servers was all the cool features they had. But during the years it kinda got lost here and there.  Again I'm having way more quality RP here than I ever had at LSRP. The future of GTA Roleplay is here now anyway, SA-MP will stop at some point as they are pretty much at their limit now.

Yeah, ultimately ended up switching from LSRP to GTA:W myself. - I wanted a fresh new experience on Grand Theft Auto V and I have to say, I am not disappointed in the slightest. I've noticed that a lot of the players here have essentially done the same. Good to see you guys here, here's to the future.

• Upvote 2

GTA World is basically what the HD Universe of Los Santos is to the 3d Universe of GTA:SA. Regardless I wish to give my input and experiences here as well. Whilst certainly I have no idea how the current management of LSRP is handling community issues at large, I know how it was way back when in 2010 to 2013 or so.

One must admit the peak of LSRP had passed when DamianC went basically MIA and started delegating very important tasks to others, whether it is development or staff matters at this point doesn't really matter. But that was one of the red flags, let's ignore all the other drama that happened during that time with krisk and so forth. I was never really happy with how Collins treated me personally especially when he became Head of Staff, since either he ignored me or was not around at all.

I'd like to see the start of the downfall there, that was even before my "removal" from the admin team, which is another whole topic but I won't go into details there. The lack of presence from leadership was felt all around the staff team, especially during the summer holidays when the server was stacked with people. It really did not feel like a team anymore, like it felt with DamianC, but more of individual power struggles. I am the first to admit that I was involved in these power struggles now, maybe because I got older or because I don't care anymore.

There were times I did not respond to pleas from other admins to get on admin duty and handle reports and whatnot, but that was basically the modus operandi at that time (it happened to me as well). You were basically left to fight for your own (as an Admin, I cannot talk about the Testers at the time), and it got as far as creating competition within the admin team at the time to log the most hours on admin duty because that way you were going to get promoted from Level 1 to 2, to 3, etc. Other contributions were either ignored or only slightly acknowledged in the sense of "hey its cool that you are doing something in Probation, Other Games, or whatever". Once that mindset had settled in, it was just a matter of time to advance to certain degrees of favoritism and such. I'm not even gonna go into the depth of the whole clique thing that also inevitably happened. But yea my 2cents

Edited by Marcus.
2 minutes ago, M3GA said:

Has anyone continued their character from lsrp on here. Is that allowed?

You can continue the same character except it has to be a different background. Make sure it's not the EXACT character from that server with the same people and so on.

• Wuhtah locked this topic