LSRP.

Nasty

• 2 weeks later...

I was a deputy and a police officer, tried my hand at gang banging as well but was not my thing. I started playing at around 2017, left at the end of 2018. I saw the player count dwindling, did not enjoy the administration attitude to the players and the staff in fore mentioned factions did not particularly like me. Took a break from roleplay and came back here, lets see how it goes.

Honestly, they let back to many toxic staff members. It was a blast when I first joined in 2015. After that, it just died down and the quality of the server died with it. Lot of great memories and cool people I met. So happy my favorite people came here, cause they some real OG's. Everyone else will drown in that place. 

Yelp review, 1/5 stars.

8 hours ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

Honestly, they let back to many toxic staff members. It was a blast when I first joined in 2015. After that, it just died down and the quality of the server died with it. Lot of great memories and cool people I met. So happy my favorite people came here, cause they some real OG's. Everyone else will drown in that place. 

Yelp review, 1/5 stars.

I do believe the majority of people that still play in that clearly inferior server at this point only do so because of a lack of computer specifications in order to play GTA V in general. 

Edited by Martyn

Everybody says it was the best the year they joined. I also say 2014 was the best for me, many things started changing in mid-late 2015 and I lowkey hoped for it to be just that period every server has but it really started dying. Then there were these people saying the server changed for the best, all I could tell them was to ask the 400 people that left while the server was changing "for the best". Like I've read somewhere above, too many restrictions, power hungry individuals and toxicity took over creativity.

4 hours ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

When I ask people why they haven't tried RageMP or FiveM. It's always they have computer issues. Old pc's. So yeah, it's true. They are truly missing out honestly.

To be fair many people just do not enjoy playing this game, the nostalgia and the modding on that game is so much more better, at least for me it was very difficult to switch: if there was the player count like back in the old days, would not hesitate a bit to return there. I have spent thousands of hours in there and of course this is the next step for the next thousand hours but this game is just not there just yet. For example, the server lacks some features that the predecessors in that game had, maybe some people still cannot run it in the current year, perhaps someone does not want to spend thirty dollars just to play a game. Many things to count!

Honestly, everyone has their preference, I personally was in GTA V before I even found out what SAMP was. I logged well over six thousand hours in LSRP alone from playing before I put in the hat back last year to return to GTA V again. But you can't please everyone and as a previous staff member there, I saw some stuff I couldn't agree with and it would take a sweet 360 before I even considered re-enjoying something like that community again. Which is honestly a shame, cause I spent a large portion of my time dedicated to creating modifications for people. But nonetheless. 

GTA W has come so far from just 2017 alone when we first launched. I was here during launch an I am blown away with the progression, it has a long way to go to be able to compare to LSRP as someone would say. But I can say this now, that time is coming rather quickly. But, LSRP was great for it's time I will say that.

I enjoyed LSRP while I was there.  Since I've been here I've enjoyed it much more here.  It's great to have different experiences and I'm truly amazed with the advancements in the script.  Sure, there's stuff that needs to be worked on but I have a lot of confidence and faith in GTAW.  I have no regrets about my decision to come here permanently.    I like seeing friendly faces too. 

Hey there Cheezy!

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic