GTA 6

DLimit

Just now, doglover52 said:

rockstar ceo guy said they wont be making a new gta for a while because everyone gets offened by everything now a days 

That video doesn't outline anything beyond some guy playing the game to boost his views.

I guess I don't understand why would Rockstar give up potentially making even half of what GTA 5 did because of public opinions?  GTA 5 is the best selling entertainment product in history making over 6 billion USD and selling 90 million copies. I doubt they care about a few mommy blogs screaming i'm offended. 

GTA 5 is still too popular now and they have went a long way in creating the online mode, and they are making tons of money from it. Only a fool will dump it and move on to another game at this point. Maybe after 10 years, but definitely not anytime within 2-3 years.

• Applaud 1

On the flipside, we'll be getting new stuff for GTA 5, at the very least for a few more years. Half of those things can be implemented into GTAW such as clothes, vehicles, interiors, so on and so forth, which is always a good thing.

As many others have said, I'm not expecting a new GTA installment at least until Online dies. 

samp survived through the release of VC:MP, GTA IV:MP and Bully:MP (If you count that), all of which are dead clients now. 

samps on its last legs with most people moving onto GTA V. RageMP is still not perfect and it's taken a long time, especially with the copyright issues at the beginning of development. GTA 6 may come but I doubt many people will move onto it. Why? The sync on Rage is no where near complete and the computer power needed for GTA V is becoming a norm. It's no doubt GTA 6 is going to need a beast of a machine so I highly doubt many people will have the computers needed for it. 

Also, if GTA 6 does come out GTA:O will just be pushed to the new system with updated graphics. 

• 2 months later...

This was a worry on LSRP when GTA V came out, after like a month of GTA 5 nothing changed. Same will happen with GTA 6. We're just getting into development of GTA World and RageMP. I don't see us moving there for a long long time, you gotta think - if GTA 6 came out on console late next year, PC wouldn't get it till like almost 2 years after. PC and PC mods won't be seeing GTA 6 until probably 2023-2024. 

On 7/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, Nervous said:

If we apply the same timestamp for GTA VI compared to GTA V:

2021 - PS5 release

2023 - PC release

2025 - Multiplayer mod starts to appear in a playable state

Compared to SAMP era, development goes really fast here and I'm confident that by 2025 we'll have an extremely mature server when it comes to its development and the available feature. I'm a man of challenge so I know i'll be one of the first to jump on the new multiplayer and even work on building one; but then again it's in 6 years minimum so everything could happen by then. 

Yup, more or less that's how long will take to even get a hint of Modding on GTA 6, unless Take Two will be a cunt and shove DENUVO into that sombitch, making it encrypted and shit. Honestly I expect them doing some bullshit, maybe they'll try to shove micro-payments into Single player since they' are pushing Rockstar in that route.