Why call personal messaging personal if it's not personal?

Mantle

3 minutes ago, Mantle said:

They either do or they don't. No inbetween. The phone goes on - they meta gamed the info. The phone doesn't go on - no meta game happened. That would be an actual situation however where clearly no joking is involved.

Joking would be more like:

"Yo bro you afk, aint answering your phone"

"Getting arrested, cant lol"

"rip lol, let me know where you're at and I'll come blast them"

If that situation above DOES NOT play out in game, nothing was meta gamed. As meta game, by definition, is the usage of out-of-character information for in-character gain. There is nothing to be gained if the ABOVE is never performed or even attempted to be performed in game. It is just a mere, joking conversation between two friends in a PERSONAL message.

If you say someone to turn their phone on and they will do it then you are MG's - he is not. You can't prove he did it because you said so, but you clearly used OOC to influence IC outcome.

But in general I kind of agree and kind of don't - Admins spying on us feels awkward but it's needed.

1 minute ago, Mantle said:

English is your 2nd language, assuming you're German as your profile states. You probably have no grasp on what something "personal" even means. If I personal message you, it's private. 

I'm not being passive-aggressive either as that would apply I'm trying to avoid confrontation. I'm quite literally confronting and ASKING others to discuss this issue. That is, by definition, the opposite of what passive-aggressive would imply. I'm being out-right honest and saying what has come to my mind regarding this quite obvious ambiguous command. 

Everything gets logged, what's hard to understand on that, even if you fart on the server. You agreed to join and make that kind of "banter", bare the consequences.

1 minute ago, Trukken said:

Everything gets logged, what's hard to understand on that, even if you fart on the server. You agreed to join and make that kind of "banter", bare the consequences.

That's completely fine, however, there should be a warning then saying that "PMs are watched by admins" and then it's completely fine. No harm done to anyone. I wouldn't be joking in PMs if I knew admins who can't take a joke can see PMs.

To be honest when people tell me shit in pms I usually just shut them down quickly and be like “ay bruh the admins watch this shit” because I’m not trying to get caught up over me pming my friend PASS THE STRAP PASS THE STRAP when I’m just joking 

There's some bizarre suggestions and then there's this. Being able to see PMs is an important part of administrating and ensuring that rules are being followed, and that players are being honest. This includes when players PM their friends to ask if they want help on a shoot out, just like you did 30 minutes prior to posting this suggestion resulting your ajail.

Edited by Atiku
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Coni said:

Again wrong. From someone who roleplays longer than anyone else here I expected a better knowledge as to how metagame works. 

Metagame CAN be attempted. Did you not attempt to make him do something based on OOC information? Him being smart enough to ignore you trying to convince him to break rules does not mean you get out scoff free. 

That's like saying if you try to pay someone to commit a murder and he doesnt do it because he's an undercover cop you technically never paid someone to do the murder as the murder was never done. Also another lol at the attempt to disguise it as a joke.

"Hey Lan, I'm being attacked by Mongols right now. Wouldn't it be funny if you'd roll up on sixth street now and drive by them? hahaha" - yeah, obviously not an attempt at metagame. Just a joke. 

You can't be serious. And in the end - this is a private server hosted by Nervous. He has the house rule over this. He could ban you for disliking the amount of letters your name has and there is nothing you can do about it. Since you obviously display a dangerous interpretation of metagame that is only bound to lead to an attempt being successful, I wouldn't mind if he goes through with it. 

Also lol at trying to bring my background into this. "I speak english propably longer than any breathing organism ever has since the big bang" mate. 

The only discussable issue I see right now are you.

No it can not. It would be more like saying if I go for a drink at the pub right now with my friends, proceeding to down 50 Jager shots and then afterwards I say to them "I'm going to drive home"... I either do in fact follow through with that and drive home (driving while impaired) or I don't and nothing bad is done. 

The rest of your comment? Irrelevant. You're the one who came at me taking jabs, I respond defending myself and now you want me gone. Laughable. 

Just now, Atiku said:

There's some bizarre suggestions and then there's this. Being able to see PMs is an important part of administrating and ensuring that rules are being followed, and that players are being honest. This includes when players PM their friends to ask if they want help on a shoot out, just like you did 30 minutes prior to posting this suggestion and your ajail.

Did a shoot out happen?

1 minute ago, Atiku said:

There's some bizarre suggestions and then there's this. Being able to see PMs is an important part of administrating and ensuring that rules are being followed, and that players are being honest. This includes when players PM their friends to ask if they want help on a shoot out, just like you did 30 minutes prior to posting this suggestion resulting your ajail.

LMAO.....

36 minutes ago, Mantle said:

Feel free to discuss although I expect this post to be silenced rather quickly.

It's not about silencing anyone. Everyone is free to give their opinion on something as long as they do it correctly.

You are not doing it correctly at all. You're approaching this with a horrible attitude. If you made this thread with a more respectful attitude and didn't act so hostile towards everyone that replied, then this thread would probably stay open. 

This thread is being locked, not because of the topic being discussed but because the original poster isn't able to discuss a topic without causing issues.

Feel free to make a suggestion in a constructive manner when you've cooled off. Any further forum posts showcasing a similar attitude will result in a forum punishment.

Edited by Keane
  • Keane locked this topic

Just to clarify - You are not targeted, nor was Fredo. I was spectating him because he was in a pursuit with game issues, he crashed and I allowed them back to continue the pursuit, kept spectating him. He'll be able to confirm.

You PM'd him to ask his location so you can come and kill the cops, I ajailed you. I made a mistake, enjoy your ban for your really shit behavior here and what should have been a more serious punishment regarding your offense. You're not welcome here if you disrespect the other players answering you nor if you challenge punishments through the wrong channels and with lies. This is not your usual LSRP community where these types of toxic behaviors are allowed.

See you in September!

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3