[Heavy guns]-Suggestion

Esc

Short description:  Big weapons should be visible when you don't have them in hand.

Detailed description:  Basically I've seen lots of people having big-sized weapons on their inventory and asking countless times to avoid because they either forgotten to stash them or they use it as an excuse to not get robbed since it'd be unrealistic to walk around with such weapons and not be noticed. What I suggest is to make those big weapons such as Carbine rifles, assault rifles, MP5's, Compact AK's, G36, visible.

Small sized weapons should be allowed to be visible or not ( pending on the player choice) since they can be easily concealed/hided. This also applies inside the vehicle. Just because you're in a vehicle, doesn't means that the weapon just vanished and you can drive safely without being seen. If you say: " Okay, what if I roleplay having the gun on my lap/in-between my legs while driving?"; Well, you can just stash it in the car, since it's not properly on you.

Commands to add:  Maybe any command that would allow the player to choose if the small-sized weapon should be visible or not and another one to change the item position ( for example, having it on your back or just slinged on your chest with a string).

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This implementation would make people think twice before walking around with big weapons, such as those I've prior mentioned, allowing people & L.E.O's to notice them. It would make L.E.O's job easier and avoid people to PG and actually saying that no weapons would be visible. This is also good for people, so they don't actually forget to take that away after using it. Also people don't have to do /do's all the time to explain that they have some kind of weapon on her back as it'd be seen by everyone. Small sized weapons, such as pistols, glocks, AP's, Uzis, Tec's would be allowed to choose in-between visible or not visible. This implementation would have a huge impact since it'd clearly change the way people play with big weapons. 

Additional information: N/A

I’m guessing you were referring to me having a shotgun in my inventory when we roleplayed. I asked if it was okay to roleplay stashing my weapon or rp having it inside of my car if it’s in my inventory as long as I go back to where I rpd putting it and then equip it as well as roleplay grabbing it. I don’t see what the problem is if players aren’t just scrolling large weapons like it’s a samp dm server.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1

This is a very good idea, things like these should be forced - would eliminate a lot of potential PG. But not sure how synced it can be right now. I mean even the headlights and peoples hats are not synced yet.

3 minutes ago, dodGE said:

No thanks. This eliminates RP from a heavy-RP server. I don't see any reason why there should be a mod implemented to get rid of the RP aspect of carrying a heavy weapon.

I don't have a clue on what you were trying to say, can you give me an situational example? People still need to RP their actions, but lets say someone transfers his gun from his house to his car, then this action would be visible by the gun he is carrying - so even people from far can see it - thus creating more RP realism and opportunities.

7 minutes ago, dodGE said:

No thanks. This eliminates RP from a heavy-RP server. I don't see any reason why there should be a mod implemented to get rid of the RP aspect of carrying a heavy weapon.

Literally doesn't make sense.

You want to keep the server to a higher quality of RP by not having assault rifles visible on a person when carrying one? Let's take a minute and actually think about that, just one. 

Having no long guns visible on your person eliminates the RP. If you see someone walk past with a rifle on their back, you're going to be given a series of different ways to react. If you see someone walk past with a rifle in their inventory, but not on their back, you are not given those options. They are free to walk the streets without being contested. Where's the RP in that?

20 minutes ago, dodGE said:

????
And uh, yeah.I actually support this idea. It even happened to me once to go around carrying shotgun in my inventory, simply because I forgot to have it and I was going in shorts and t-shirt.

22 minutes ago, dodGE said:

Read again.. I think you're misunderstanding everything lol 

3 hours ago, Emilia said:

What I suggest is to make those big weapons such as Carbine rifles, assault rifles, MP5's, Compact AK's, G36, visible.

Small sized weapons should be allowed to be visible or not ( pending on the player choice) since they can be easily concealed/hided. This also applies inside the vehicle. Just because you're in a vehicle, doesn't means that the weapon just vanished and you can drive safely without being seen. If you say: " Okay, what if I roleplay having the gun on my lap/in-between my legs while driving?"; Well, you can just stash it in the car, since it's not properly on you.

You can very easily have a gun in your lap, hidden between your legs, and lift it to shoot somebody. Obviously, you can't do this in game with rifles, it simply won't let you shoot them from within the car. However, they wouldn't be easily visible to anyone unless they're sticking their head directly in the window.

You have to roleplay taking it with you when you step out of the car anyway.

My concern with this entire thing is that you're just swapping the risk of someone powergaming how a gun is hidden, and now you're risking how everyone else might metagame and be more paranoid about your character.

So now, someone sees the gun model blatantly on your back, and freaks out without giving you a chance to roleplay how it's ACTUALLY stored and held on your body. If it's a draco style AK, it could be under your shirt and reasonably only make a bulge. If you're wearing a big jacket, it could be entirely out of sight. There's slings for sawn-off shotguns that go well under big, bulky jackets. I've seen rifles that are basically pistols, and pistols that are basically rifles. There's limited variation to the in-game guns, but you get the idea.

Again, this all comes down to having someone properly roleplay what would be visible.

Right now, you depend on one person with the gun to roleplay how they're holding it, storing it, etc. If you make it a visible model, you're just swapping the powergame issues for a metagame issue

Now you're relying on everyone else who sees the gun model. One person with a gun vs 5 people who now have to roleplay properly around it. I guarantee you there will be more issues. If a sawn-off shotgun is safely tucked away in a bulky jacket and the entire point is to catch someone by surprise, the people in the area are going to be paranoid as all hell if they see the model hanging unrealistically from your back.

The metagame issues with it will happen a lot more often than someone improperly roleplaying where their gun is. No thanks.

24 minutes ago, Havana said:

You can very easily have a gun in your lap, hidden between your legs, and lift it to shoot somebody. Obviously, you can't do this in game with rifles, it simply won't let you shoot them from within the car. However, they wouldn't be easily visible to anyone unless they're sticking their head directly in the window.

You have to roleplay taking it with you when you step out of the car anyway.

My concern with this entire thing is that you're just swapping the risk of someone powergaming how a gun is hidden, and now you're risking how everyone else might metagame and be more paranoid about your character.

So now, someone sees the gun model blatantly on your back, and freaks out without giving you a chance to roleplay how it's ACTUALLY stored and held on your body. If it's a draco style AK, it could be under your shirt and reasonably only make a bulge. If you're wearing a big jacket, it could be entirely out of sight. There's slings for sawn-off shotguns that go well under big, bulky jackets. I've seen rifles that are basically pistols, and pistols that are basically rifles. There's limited variation to the in-game guns, but you get the idea.

Again, this all comes down to having someone properly roleplay what would be visible.

Right now, you depend on one person with the gun to roleplay how they're holding it, storing it, etc. If you make it a visible model, you're just swapping the powergame issues for a metagame issue

Now you're relying on everyone else who sees the gun model. One person with a gun vs 5 people who now have to roleplay properly around it. I guarantee you there will be more issues. If a sawn-off shotgun is safely tucked away in a bulky jacket and the entire point is to catch someone by surprise, the people in the area are going to be paranoid as all hell if they see the model hanging unrealistically from your back.

The metagame issues with it will happen a lot more often than someone improperly roleplaying where their gun is. No thanks.

I fully understand your point of view, but if you read again I've said that smaller guns could be hidden/concealed, but not the bigger ones.

I also agree that example was not the best but you've got the point. If you have a big weapon on you and it's visible, you'd think twice before walking around with it. Talking about the vehicles, if you're not actually carrying it, it means that it is in the vehicle, and not exactly with your character, so it should be stashed on it, which promotes more roleplay. What's the chance of going in a hit and you just carry the guns in hand? Anyone who'd have plain angle of sight would be able to see it. I see too many people walking around with those on their inventory and walk around safely without actually having any fear of getting caught, AFTER ALL, it's not seen and nobody can guess if you have it or not.
Of course this suggestion can be worked on.