Garry's Mod

So, given how large the roleplay community actually is - I was curious to know if anyone had dabbled with the serious, text based RP schematics on Garry's Mod. I actually started out with MTA & OpenAura HL2RP simultaneously, around 10 years ago, and found both environments to be near polar opposites in feel.

Eventually, everything evolved into Clockwork - with more scenarios and themes coming to light. Unfortunately, a 'free' counterpart to this was created, and the quality of roleplay servers throughout the community drastically went downhill.

Tl;dr - where are the Garry's Mod oldies at?

Slightly related: RP trailer I made for a now-dead server. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09SBMFF3tOg

I've done serious RP on Gmod since late 2010. Started at a community called Infusion Gaming with a Fallout setting. My Gmod time was mostly spent on Fallout RP, though I did spend a lot of time at a few custom lore fantasy servers and some cyberpunk servers as well. All in all I had a great time, considering I continued to spend time there for nine years. 

Wasn't until I got on GTAW and had a taste of the RP here that I realized just how toxic a lot of the Gmod RP community is, though.

Definitely feel like a Garry's Mod oldie, though I never stuck my head in the door at TnB or Nebulous. Was always something else going on.

XMG2aqY.png

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I've done serious RP on Gmod since late 2010. Started at a community called Infusion Gaming with a Fallout setting. My Gmod time was mostly spent on Fallout RP, though I did spend a lot of time at a few custom lore fantasy servers and some cyberpunk servers as well. All in all I had a great time, considering I continued to spend time there for nine years. 

Wasn't until I got on GTAW and had a taste of the RP here that I realized just how toxic a lot of the Gmod RP community is, though.

Definitely feel like a Garry's Mod oldie, though I never stuck my head in the door at TnB or Nebulous. Was always something else going on.

XMG2aqY.png

As someone who, too, has thousands of hours on Garry's Mod, I understand the feeling. I started on Catalyst Gaming's OpenAura HL2RP back in 2009/2010. I think the most unique servers I've been on were for sci-fi themes or settings like the Clone Wars, Fallout, WW3RP/so on. Definitely enjoyable memories that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I think the funny part is that most of our old former compatriots would absolutely enjoy this, if they new it existed or how to get involved.

• 1 month later...

Garry's Mod was always fun to play. However, I really never felt like I was able to find a RP server that I could stay for at long, people always seem to kind of ruin it and troll. I really did like Military RP and Hogwarts RP for the longest time and actually still play Hogwarts RP time to time. But it always seem like a cluster fuck. My favorite was this one server I use to play like.. 12-13 years ago (WOW TIME GOES FAST) it was a DarkRP server set in this like weird village area and people did some serious RP and I remember all I did was print money and start fights with cops 24/7 LOL we were known as some outlaws on the server, good times.

• 11 months later...

oh nice i never got to see this thread! i started out with HL2RP way back in 2013-2014, small communities like Eclipse RP ran by Bluesnail and Ninset if anyone remembers them, and the one that Pudsey ran, too, however that didn't last too long. next it was nebulous, which was the last community I was in before I came here! glad to see some other hl2rp refugees over here ?