PK / Value of Life Rule Discussion

10 minutes ago, Dodo said:

No, when you get PK'd you die. Your character is dead. You start a new life and all your memory / inflictions from the scene involved with your PK is void. Hate to be the one to tell you, but if you're roleplaying injuries from past lives you're actually breaking the rules. 

No, it’s not a new life, you just forget the events leading up to your PK.

It’s poor RP and NRP to run around fine after a PK.

Edited by aldo
7 minutes ago, aldo said:

It's poor roleplay for my character to wake up with no recollection at a hospital with scars that they can't explain. When you die in a PK, it's like going back to a save point. 

If you want to take this roundabout way of saying "well my character didn't die, they just got scuffed up!" then by my guest, but it's egregious behavior that simply put, is powergaming. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dodo said:

It's poor roleplay for my character to wake up with no recollection at a hospital with scars that they can't explain. When you die in a PK, it's like going back to a save point. 

If you want to take this roundabout way of saying "well my character didn't die, they just got scuffed up!" then by my guest, but it's egregious behavior that simply put, is powergaming. 

An admin literally told me that you wake up in a hospital when you get PK’d.

4 minutes ago, aldo said:

Like your entire faction does?

Either way, how you gonna roleplay injuries when you've been literally killed? PK stands for Player Kill and it wipes everything that lead to your death with injuries included if you don't wish to roleplay with the medics to save you or they doesn't arrive in item, or you have lethal injuries. So far everything been said by @SaintBatemanofWallStreet there isn't even a point to continue this topic as it's obvious that you're talking some pretty huge none sense.

Edited by useawitness

When you PK, you forget everything leading up to the events that unfolded that resulted in your characters death. Now how would it make sense to RP gunshot wounds after you respawn if your character was killed in that altercation? Your character in that life would be in a morgue. So, in essence, you're starting a "New Life" but with the same character. Now, this is a very short explanation of a PK so take it with a grain of salt, I don't want to type out an essay for this as it just needs to be defined more clearly within our server rules in the future.

Now that we've cleared that up, this thread can get back on the topic of PK / Value of Life and not argue about something minuscule that doesn't really pertain to this thread, thanks.

Edited by SpawnMatrix
9 minutes ago, useawitness said:

there isn't even a point to continue this topic as it's obvious that you're talking some pretty huge none sense.

I'll ask you the same question then. Why is it okay for a gang member to engage in a shootout with another gang (with zero regards for their own life) and simply receive the same result as the innocent bystander who got killed? It's not okay. One person was there by chance and obviously gets PK'd being in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the ones who felt the need to be John Wick and start a shootout, they should have a more severe punishment if they get killed. Making someone think about their actions more heavily before engaging in such role play is a positive result. I don't see how that's nonsense, but you also have a right to your own opinion. I respect it.

Edited by Kestalas

How is it not okay for a gang member to get engage in a shootout if he is caught in one or it goes down? What punishment do you want to see? If a gang shootout starts and you die, you die just like the ones in the shootout the side who loses already has their punishment in a way of territory lose or w/e it went down for. The shootout happening is mostly raised by the said FEAR you're implying that they don't have, as they are scared that there will be an attack made on the x party, or x party will lose something valuable. Either way I can tell where you're coming from as currently most ''gang roleplay'' is none existent due to people having jackshit knowledge of how the gang they're trying to portray is actually portrayed in some cases for whole 20-60 pages plus I can't seem to find any RoE.

1 hour ago, useawitness said:

Like your entire faction does?

Either way, how you gonna roleplay injuries when you've been literally killed? PK stands for Player Kill and it wipes everything that lead to your death with injuries included if you don't wish to roleplay with the medics to save you or they doesn't arrive in item, or you have lethal injuries. So far everything been said by @SaintBatemanofWallStreet there isn't even a point to continue this topic as it's obvious that you're talking some pretty huge none sense.

edit/ One member* (who is now being punished for that, apologies)

I’m also away so I can’t see what is going on but that should never have happened anyway.

Edited by aldo
18 minutes ago, useawitness said:

How is it not okay for a gang member to get engage in a shootout if he is caught in one or it goes down? What punishment do you want to see? If a gang shootout starts and you die, you die just like the ones in the shootout the side who loses already has their punishment in a way of territory lose or w/e it went down for. The shootout happening is mostly raised by the said FEAR you're implying that they don't have, as they are scared that there will be an attack made on the x party, or x party will lose something valuable. Either way I can tell where you're coming from as currently most ''gang roleplay'' is none existent due to people having jackshit knowledge of how the gang they're trying to portray is actually portrayed in some cases for whole 20-60 pages plus I can't seem to find any RoE.

I didn't say it wasn't okay to engage in the shootout. I never once said that they couldn't. I said there should be more thought about whether they should rather than simply run for cover. You don't lose your territory by staying alive, right? Live to fight another day. You don't have to stand there and get shot up. My point is that there is an issue currently with people and their regard for their life because the current consequences warrant that mentality. 

"So what if I get killed, it's just a PK, everything is forgotten."

I don't know what punishment I'd like to see, hence the entire reason for this thread. I was looking for a discussion on what would be good ideas for these situations. I would've just made this a rule suggestion if I had a concise idea of what punishments should happen during this kind of PK.

Edited by Kestalas