Revamp the current advertisement system.

Short description: Revamp the current advertisement system.

Detailed description: When we post our advert, it is entered in the queue along with the other ad's. We can check /ads to see when our ad will be aired, and every 1.5 minute - an advert from the queue is posted and as soon as that happens, the $250 is deducted from your bank.

So as we all know that the current advert system is not efficient when there's more than 100 players online, that is almost at all times. I'm gladly saying that the playerbase has effected the advert system in many ways. With the recent rise of players and businesses, posting an advert has been a harsh task. It takes me more than 40 minutes to post an advert when there is 180 players online, as 40-45 of them are posting adverts of the open businesses and so on. Posting an advert for an open business is extremely harsh as they have to time it perfectly with the timer, which sometimes won't happen as you engage in RP, or as you're about to hit enter, someone else posts his. Here's a few known facts about our current advertisement system:

1. Competition: There is so many businesses open, and people doing their own sales that directly impacts on the adverts posted per 2 minute. It is a massacre, as it took me 40 minutes just to post 1 single advert with the current advert system. It was sufficient back in the day when our playerbase wasn't as high as it is today but as more and more players have joined the community, it almost has been impossible to post one.

2. Time taking process: If a player logs in just to place a few adverts, he has to wait at-least an hour or so to post his few. The timer is also a bug, as it is timed at 2 minutes instead of 3, so everyone's confused with that itself but that's another bug and won't be added in this suggestion. This makes the process extremely hard for people who don't have much time to stick around to post a few advertisements, so they end up paying people to do it whilst it can be done by themselves without the hustle.

Commands to add: /ads to check when your advert will be aired.

Items to add: No other items to be added. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? It'd put a period to the race of airing advertisements and posting an advert will be easier than ever. 

Additional information: 2 advertisements every 3 minutes, with a queue of ad's following it. 

Edited by SHANG.

I agree that having to time your ad can be frustrating, the person who last had their ad go through knows when the timer started and can time their next ad to monopolize the chat. This is a great idea to allow for everyone's ad's to be displayed. I support.

• Upvote 1