Trucking company profits

stringer

Hello, I am one of the few people on the server that actually owns a trucking company, and I can say that it's not profitable at all. I've invested 550k in the building alone, without any trucks or anything like that and I currently earn 75$ per burrito delivery, aka, 15$ per crate delivered. It would take someone working a total of 360 hours for me to make the 550k back. What I'm suggesting is that when an employee of a trucking business does at least one delivery per 24 hours, the business gets a 1k bonus, just like how actual business openings work.

Let's say you have 5 employees, John does 1 delivery, he gets his cash and the business gets a 1k bonus.

If John does more deliveries, the business won't get any bonus cash, just the normal %.

John then doesn't play for a few days, logs in and does another delivery, business earns another 1k.

When you have ten of those John's doing ten runs a day you make 7.5 K a day. And this is with Burritos. With bigger trucks things get better faster. Trucking experience leveling up system was just changed to be 2 times faster as well. 

As a trucker from another trucking company I say things are just fine -  On that front of the trucking script at least.

10 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

When you have ten of those John's doing ten runs a day you make 7.5 K a day. And this is with Burritos. With bigger trucks things get better faster. Trucking experience leveling up system was just changed to be 2 times faster as well. 

As a trucker from another trucking company I say things are just fine -  On that front of the trucking script at least.

But you won't always get 10 people doing deliveries every day non stop, people roleplay, people have lives, you can't expect anyone to do a set amount of deliveries. Plus 7.5k per day is something probably no one owning a trucking business achieved without working himself. With my last business, a cafe, I could make that money in a matter of 30-40 minuets.

I also own a trucking company and to be honest I dont see anything wrong with how it is now. Sure the profit margain is small versus the invest you have to make. But I believe that is good. It shouldnt be a get rich quick scheme and it should be far from what the mining ever was. 

9 minutes ago, krille120 said:

I also own a trucking company and to be honest I dont see anything wrong with how it is now. Sure the profit margain is small versus the invest you have to make. But I believe that is good. It shouldnt be a get rich quick scheme and it should be far from what the mining ever was. 

It's not a get rich quick scheme. Me, for example, I don't want to do deliveries to be able to recoup the massive investment it is, I want to focus on roleplaying and managing the truckers, making everything work smooth. If you barely make any profits you can't even afford to buy vehicles for the company.

This is how business works, under normal circumstances. A lot of business aren’t profitable for a long time, while expenses for starting/opening the business are recouped. They don’t want company owners getting rich in a matter of days. It’s an intended effect, I believe. 

• Upvote 2

My only problem right now with the system is the limited stock and its slow recharge rate crate component values just got halved but the actual crate amount wasnt increased. If 10 ppl do trucking for an hour the storage runs dry, it should be changed and let people deliver even at peak times

20 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

This is how business works, under normal circumstances. A lot of business aren’t profitable for a long time, while expenses for starting/opening the business are recouped. They don’t want company owners getting rich in a matter of days. It’s an intended effect, I believe. 

This. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, Trukken said:

My only problem right now with the system is the limited stock and its slow recharge rate crate component values just got halved but the actual crate amount wasnt increased. If 10 ppl do trucking for an hour the storage runs dry, it should be changed and let people deliver even at peak times

Well, I hope that this is because it will force companies into paying more for their crates to be delivered. Supply and demand!

Also keep in mind unlike other businesses (e.g. nightclubs) where you only make money if you actively care for it, with a trucking company you profit of an engine job. Thats a different ballpark really. Nightclubs fail if not tended to, you just gotta keep Johns employed and voila - youre making money.