/me describes “xxx_xxx”

aldo

4 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

Yeah this is really worrisome. Plastic surgery should cost 10-50k per change. But have some kind of a mechanism that lets you by pass the current bugs with it, so you can totally set up your face and don't need to worry about it not look like you intended to. Also yeah, there should be at least a week or two for cooldown until you can use that feature again.

Or can we not just be like "I'm gonna rob/murder someone and then go change my face so I get off without consequence"? If this is consistently happening with the same person, gotta be a PLM issue, right?

5 hours ago, Keane said:

It's not allowed at all. It's powergaming and metagaming. You can't give such an exact description in a short amount of time. Any player receiving that description would then use a player's name tag to identity them. 

There is plenty of customization options available which gives no excuse for anyone to describe another character in such a way. 

If a player has decided to not use the /attributes command to describe their character, there is nothing against asking in a /do for any features not shown by their character model such as their height and build. 

Hit the nail on the head.

It's not allowed. If you see people doing it, report them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Halloooooo! FD point of view here!

Ive noticed recently that there have been numerous 911 calls where someone has been robbed or along those lines and the caller proceeds to say in the situation "(would be describing Joe Bloggs)" if this becomes more frequent then word spreads and people will change clothes/plastic surgery just to completely go against the description and I'm afraid that there are players out there who would abuse that.

I know it's not exactly on topic but it is relevant. It just opens up a can of worms for PD and the whole Powergaming side of things. I know from our side we see it as hella Powergaming but we trust people within PD to ignore it and go solely on the description. 

@Captain would you care to elaborate on what you have seen PD doing? 

Edited by JayO
27 minutes ago, JayO said:

Halloooooo! FD point of view here!

Ive noticed recently that there have been numerous 911 calls where someone has been robbed or along those lines and the caller proceeds to say in the situation "(would be describing Joe Bloggs)" if this becomes more frequent then word spreads and people will change clothes/plastic surgery just to completely go against the description and I'm afraid that there are players out there who would abuse that.

I know it's not exactly on topic but it is relevant. It just opens up a can of worms for PD and the whole Powergaming side of things. I know from our side we see it as hella Powergaming but we trust people within PD to ignore it and go solely on the description. 

@Captain would you care to elaborate on what you have seen PD doing? 

1. They can change clothes, that's absolutely valid. 

2. I have yet to see a single person discard their entire look due to a 911 call. Doing something like that will result in a ban. 

As you've stated, it does fall under PG however, it doesn't open PD up for abuse in any way, shape or form. If certain PD members can't deal with a description then maybe they shouldn't be PD members. 

Describing someone's character name being against the rules is non-negotiable, it simply is not allowed on this server. 

11 hours ago, Captain said:

It’s not really worth talking about to be honest, we just need the staff to decide on a single way to handle this.

It's not allowed at all. It's powergaming and metagaming. You can't give such an exact description in a short amount of time. Any player receiving that description would then use a player's name tag to identity them. 

There is plenty of customization options available which gives no excuse for anyone to describe another character in such a way. 

If a player has decided to not use the /attributes command to describe their character, there is nothing against asking in a /do for any features not shown by their character model such as their height and build. 

Staff doesn't need to decide, there's a way which involves PGing and MGing and there's a way which doesn't. We simply do not approve of /me describes firstname_lastname on this server. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1