/me describes “xxx_xxx”

aldo

So is this against the rules or what?

I understand that it was different in LSRP because everyone was an NPC model however on GTA:W you have NPC models as well and also online models although most of them look the same. If /attributes is made mandatory then you could simply describe the features on said character and I personally think that that’d be the best way to do it. 

What do you think?

I have personally yet to come across a situation where someone did /me describes John Doe. I have been playing on this server for over a year and the descriptions that I used and the people around me were actual features that that person had.

Exactly what Tseard said. I think it's even discouraged, because now you can change your clothing and completely change your identity really, whereas in GTA you're stuck with the same skin unless you change it, and even then, skins were considered OOC.

It shouldn't be allowed in any case, the server has great customization options, I haven't seen two characters look alike so far.

One thing is recognizing someone that you saw, but describing facial / body features with absolute precision is just unrealistic, this Firstname_Lastname identification smells like a mixture of Powergame and Metagame to me. Personally, I'm staying away from it.

It's not allowed at all. It's powergaming and metagaming. You can't give such an exact description in a short amount of time. Any player receiving that description would then use a player's name tag to identity them. 

There is plenty of customization options available which gives no excuse for anyone to describe another character in such a way. 

If a player has decided to not use the /attributes command to describe their character, there is nothing against asking in a /do for any features not shown by their character model such as their height and build. 

Edited by Keane
on phone, autocorrect bad
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
14 minutes ago, Keane said:

It's not allowed at all. It's powergaming and metagaming. You can't give such an exact description in a short amount of time. Any player receiving that description would then use a player's name tag to identity them. 

There is plenty of customization options available which gives no excuse for anyone to describe another character in such a way. 

If a player has decided to not use the /attributes command to describe their character, there is nothing against asking in a /do for any features not shown by their character model such as their height and build. 

What if he refuses or simply ignores it?

I am with you guys - we dont have the samp model restrictions anymore therefore if you cannot describe someone the same rules apply as IRL - tough luck. 

Also name tag descriptions dont consider that the person potentially went through surgery and are not recognizable

On the other hand how the server handles plastic surgery and the frequency you can apply it is unrealistic. Maybe add a price increase for each subsequent surgery

2 minutes ago, Coni said:

On the other hand how the server handles plastic surgery and the frequency you can apply it is unrealistic. Maybe add a price increase for each subsequent surgery

Yeah this is really worrisome. Plastic surgery should cost 10-50k per change. But have some kind of a mechanism that lets you by pass the current bugs with it, so you can totally set up your face and don't need to worry about it not look like you intended to. Also yeah, there should be at least a week or two for cooldown until you can use that feature again.

2 hours ago, Keane said:

But if someone is looking for someone that was described to them by someone else via /do descriptions, they would need to approach the person and ask in /do directly. Also, what about NPC models?