Allow all properties to be burglarized.

I ran upon this joke of a system where apparently storage units, warehouses and pretty much any other property that is not a house is immune from /breakins.

This is supposed to be a serious roleplay server that emulates real life. Explain to me, is there some kind of voodoo spell protecting those properties magically? In real life storage units are being targeted by burglars every day, by the hundreds. Not to mention warehouses.

I am getting worried about the quality of roleplay found on this server. I was expecting much more, and all I found so far were limitations and nonsense rules like the 5k limit on mugging, which is ridiculous. Show me an IRL case of a robber that refused to steal more from a victim carrying maybe 200 grand in a briefcase. Not realistic. How about let people have to deal with responsabilities? Don't want to get mugged for 200k? Don't walk around with that much on you.

I quote you, from your server rules page: You may use /breakin to rob any property, you're not allowed to just step in and steal items. Usage of /rent to access the inventory is forbidden and bannable. - It says any property.

Take this as some constructive criticism and not as a rant of hatred, I wouldn't waste my time posting this if I didn't like the server, thanks for reading.

Edited by Kane Flanagan
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Not sure but I guess you're allowed to ask for admin's permission to break in businesses, warehouses etc. Don't take this as granted until an admin confirms it.

1 hour ago, Kane Flanagan said:

5k limit on mugging, which is ridiculous. Show me an IRL case of a robber that refused to steal more from a victim carrying maybe 200 grand in a briefcase. Not realistic. How about let people have to deal with responsabilities? Don't want to get mugged for 200k? Don't walk around with that much on you.

I hate this kind of comments because this is not real life, it reflects real life but is not a copy/paste of real life. There's a lot of other stuff on server that are not like in real life but they're just fine. Understand that.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, ZgazenaMacka said:

Not sure but I guess you're allowed to ask for admin's permission to break in businesses, warehouses etc. Don't take this as granted until an admin confirms it.

I hate this kind of comments because this is not real life, it reflects real life but is not a copy/paste of real life. There's a lot of other stuff on server that are not like in real life but they're just fine. Understand that.

It's not that you are allowed to ask for admin permission, you have to do that, and I got that reply from an admin.

I don't know what kind of other stuff you are talking about, nor it concerns me if it doesn't damage roleplay potential, like having different economy prices for phones, 20k as an example, instead of 800 dollars like in real life. I do not care about that.

I care about the fact that nonsense rules hinder my roleplay and limit it. "This is not real life" is not a valid excuse, this is advertised as a hardcore roleplay server, not a light one, it has to emulate real life as close as possible.

37 minutes ago, Kane Flanagan said:

I care about the fact that nonsense rules hinder my roleplay and limit it. "This is not real life" is not a valid excuse, this is advertised as a hardcore roleplay server, not a light one, it has to emulate real life as close as possible.

With that logic, let’s run a scenario:

You rob someone for more than $5,000. In most states, that’s considered grand theft/grand larceny. If you’re caught, are you okay serving 3+ years in jail on the server? If we’re talking about emulating real life, you want crime to be as close to real life as possible. The punishment in this case should also be as close to real life then. Right?

My point being is that you can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you want crime to emulated as real life, you should be 100% prepared to serve real life punishments. I don’t think anyone wants to serve a 3 year jail sentence in a game, you included. 

Certain compromises are made because at the end of the day it is still a video game. It’s meant to be enjoyed.  Some rules are in place to help new players adjust to role play and not get discouraged on day 1. Others are put in place to protect business owners. It can’t be black or white, there has to be some grey. 

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3

As far as I have been aware, there has never been anything protecting any of the things you have listed. I will look into this however and discuss it with Property Management.

I will be locking this thread for the time being.

• Upvote 1
  • Björk locked this topic