Trespassing versus Metagaming

Just a thought. Should people require a permit for places like Pacific Bluffs, the Yacht or any of the mansions for events?

Realistically either they a trespassing which should be handled by the police or they are meta gaming getting permission from the owner. Businesses require permits and there is a Gov permit for events so why isn't this being enforced? It takes away from businesses being rented to host these said events and is over all unfair to business owners who have to go through the licensing system.

Edited by pixel
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Westen said:

I like the idea of these public places being divvied up to the Government or someone who then leases them. We had an incident on the Yacht where someone's PF was revoked because it's /technically/ public property.

You're public property.

On a serious note, at first I thought that Pacific Bluffs is a leasable/ownable property where people could host parties, I guess not. Anyway, I agree these parties hoster by the players should have some more thought put behind them.

I'd like to see this, it'll be difficult to enforce in terms of catching people in the act, but it'll prevent out of the blue advertisements for places that players wouldn't normally own or have permission to use.

It should be, otherwise it's powergaming. A party needs it's respective suppliers, what would people drink? What would they drink? Is it free? Is there a DJ? Otherwise it's just gathering of people pretending drinking non existing stuff with music from a random boombox.

Edited by Engelbert

Totally agreeing with this. Take the yacht for example, such a huge yacht would surely have personnel on board, who would not just let strangers climb from the back and party in it. I know it can be leased, but people don't know that and even if not included as a rule, it should be made clear in a way, in my opinion.

While I do agree about the yacht  I don't agree about places like Pacific Bluffs.
It's already hard to meet people for social events that are not open businesses or nightclubs so its lovely to join up to a player made little get together and hang out. 

Having to go through another layer of bureaucratic machine is just a pain in the ass for some people, even more when the said event is not planned for days beforehand

I don't know, maybe I'm alone in this but I just feel some people are getting a bit too carried away with their 'hardcore RP' tag that they'd willingly put layers upon layers of non-entertaining bureucratic forum stuff to mimic RL even when it stands in the way of casual, simple and fun RP.

I can already imagine a group of people just getting together on a lovely day to go out to hang out in one of these nice properties only for police to kick them out or charge with trespassing because they didn't have a permit. Such fun, much RP. 

If the property is owned by a player then sure, get in touch with them for a permission, but if its not owned by anyone then why put motivation killing walls in the way of RP?

But like I said, some people are overly into mimicking RL things and I'm the minority here. 

P.S. written on phone so sorry for typos. 

• Upvote 1