Put giving away ‚‚RP drinks'' under PG clausule

.George

Unless I’m mistaken you do know that clubs don’t fall under a business right, so there is no /bhire for it?

Also since when did you need to get an item for money. So many people say it shouldn’t be about money and the fact they’re creating roleplay, surely that should come into account if they’re unable to give you an item?

Since the club is creating roleplay.

18 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Thats their own problem really I dont see what's the deal here. If you cant actively own a club and manage employees then you shouldnt own one

^

IRL in 90% of the cases bartenders are employees of a club, not freelancers.

Then what are you trying to bring to the discussion?

You either suggesting that clubs don't freelance bartenders, which won't be possible as they want to get as much money as they can, which means working in multiple clubs/bars.

1 minute ago, Jura said:

Then what are you trying to bring to the discussion?

You either suggesting that clubs don't freelance bartenders, which won't be possible as they want to get as much money as they can, which means working in multiple clubs/bars.

Oh so it's about the money now, I thought it was about the RP?

2 minutes ago, Matey said:

Oh so it's about the money now, I thought it was about the RP?

Yes, for a lot of bartenders it is about the money.

Yet they're still the ones that create the most RP in the club, if you get a good bartender.

When I said "it's about the RP" it's what people have said myself, I'm not in agreeance with it personally as at the end of the day RP doesn't pay for wages or the lease at the end of the month.

One simple fix is to have a business system where the owner can assign ranks, where management are able to rent out the bar/club. Not every owner can be on for every opening. People have lives and out of game commitments to deal with.

1, RP Businesses such as clubs and bars don't have bhire. 

2. The BAC system is completely bare and doesn't at all realistically portray like it would irl.

3. BAC system doesn't know what the custom created items are from the custom business shop menu.

4. Managers of said bars/clubs have no way of having employees put money from sold products into the inventory. Aka who knows how much they sold and where the money is.  Hence why 99% of bars say you keep all sale money. 

5. Drink items are useless and just poof away from your inventory without doing anything. 

6. A proper RPer knows when their character would get drunk and start rping it accordingly, and not rely on a unrealistic system to determine it for them.

So until all points above are taken care of, its a big no from me. 

I think this could make a lot of extra work for admins without having much influence on overall RP quality. I'm assuming 99% of the time when someone doesn't get a drink item, it's just an honest mistake or the bartender is overwhelmed or it's some temporary problem.

Bartenders are often being flooded with drink orders and random chat, so it can be easy to miss things. If a player hasn't been given a scripted drink item but really wants one, I think it is best to politely PM the bartender (the yellow text colour can help when chat is being flooded). I hope that most players are happy enough to accommodate, even if it ends up being 1 cider instead of 1 vodka.

Also for drunkenness IMO we should be RPing that, because the alcohol/drug system doesn't really reflect what it's like to be drunk/high/whatever IRL.

• Developer
23 hours ago, Jura said:

Have you not considered the aspect that the bartenders may not have access to the property inventory, if they haven't had the chance to rent it?

I know that was the case for our club last night. So no, it's not entirely greedy club owners as our bartenders get paid for via what they sell.

Bartenders tend to not just stick with one club, and if the property owner isn't online, they can't rent at that nightclub, meaning they don't have access to the inventory system.

Maybe if we had a working business system similar to have the faction script is, where we can give out ranks and perms per rank aka all management being able to set the rent, there wouldn't be an issue.

Have the "manager" give them a couple of drinks in their inventory if they cannot access the inventory. Im all for this suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic