Put giving away ‚‚RP drinks'' under PG clausule

.George

Pretty much straight forward suggestion, I've seen several bars give out ‚‚RP drinks'' even tho actual drink items exist which has several negative impacts on server, listen below:

• People are charged for virtual items, even tho such items exist script-wise, causing damage to already struggling liquor stores just so already greedy club owners can get away from not actually buying drinks from said liquor stores.
  • Most common traffic offense is DUI, something which almost is non existent on this server due to simple fact that most people ‚‚RP'' their drinks making breathalyzer and traffic stops completely useless, cutting down on PD roleplay.

More points will possibly be edited in as people give their feedback.

Sure thing, I agree. You shouldn't pay for an already existing item.

Same principle applies with someone roleplaying showing you a knife and selling it to you, even though they don't actually have one in their inventory.

Moreover; there is a breathalyzer system in play and roleplaying drinking alcohol doesn't actually allow the breathalyzer system to work as intended as the liquor has to also be consumed scriptwise, but that won't impact the way roleplay events are shaped out in any way because when you drink alcohol in game, nothing really happens to "force" you to drive like an idiot, just like how drunk people would drive, because your camera remains the same.

Have you not considered the aspect that the bartenders may not have access to the property inventory, if they haven't had the chance to rent it?

I know that was the case for our club last night. So no, it's not entirely greedy club owners as our bartenders get paid for via what they sell.

Bartenders tend to not just stick with one club, and if the property owner isn't online, they can't rent at that nightclub, meaning they don't have access to the inventory system.

Maybe if we had a working business system similar to have the faction script is, where we can give out ranks and perms per rank aka all management being able to set the rent, there wouldn't be an issue.

I thought there was something like this already in place? Since there's liquor items IG, the bartender can rp making a mixed drink of any kind & just give you 1 of the liquors that would go into it.
That being said, the property owner is the only one that can rent the property out, which allows bartenders to get things from the inventory. A LOT of bars have 'managers' who frequently open up instead & they can't rent the property out to whoever they hire. So, it technically is PG, but there's reasons why. They're not trying to scam you out of your $100 for a beer. They just might not be able to take it from the inventory.

2 hours ago, Havana said:

I thought there was something like this already in place? Since there's liquor items IG, the bartender can rp making a mixed drink of any kind & just give you 1 of the liquors that would go into it.
That being said, the property owner is the only one that can rent the property out, which allows bartenders to get things from the inventory. A LOT of bars have 'managers' who frequently open up instead & they can't rent the property out to whoever they hire. So, it technically is PG, but there's reasons why. They're not trying to scam you out of your $100 for a beer. They just might not be able to take it from the inventory.

Thats their own problem really I dont see what's the deal here. If you cant actively own a club and manage employees then you shouldnt own one

• Upvote 2

To be fair, the scripting for the actual items in regards to what a scripted breathalyzer will actually detect is lackluster. These items don't take into account weight, height, or sex, all of which are important considerations for BAC. They also only last a few minutes at best. Essentially that means that it's still up to the player to roleplay those effects accordingly, regardless of script items. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Jura said:

Have you not considered the aspect that the bartenders may not have access to the property inventory, if they haven't had the chance to rent it?

I know that was the case for our club last night. So no, it's not entirely greedy club owners as our bartenders get paid for via what they sell.

Bartenders tend to not just stick with one club, and if the property owner isn't online, they can't rent at that nightclub, meaning they don't have access to the inventory system.

Maybe if we had a working business system similar to have the faction script is, where we can give out ranks and perms per rank aka all management being able to set the rent, there wouldn't be an issue.

Business over is allowed to /bhire people, allowing them to actually take items from the said club/bar. Also, as someone has already mentioned, it's fault of club owner if he can't manage all that.

• mj2002 locked this topic