Minimum roleplay requirement to take items / frisk.

cabotage

While I'd like to think this rule is pretty common sense, I've seen quite a few who don't adhere to it.  I'd like to see it crystal clear in the server rules, if possible. 

Short description:  A player should be required to correctly locate where the items are on a person and mention each item they take before being able to steal the items.  

Detailed description:  Currently when being robbed, mugged or having your items half-inched in general there are some players who roleplay /me takes all your items or /me checks your pockets.   I'd like to see a rule added that states each item must be located and taken from the relevant place on the person's body.  

Items to add:  A rule to clarify each item should be stated and taken singularly.  (Obviously not each bullet, but a gun, a knife, coke, etc.)

How would your suggestion improve the server?   Having it clear in the rules would mean fewer squabbles and /reports.  It would make people think twice about stealing from someone that was downed in the street, the process taking longer so higher risk of being caught as they searched them.  It would make the whole situation a lot fairer. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I do like the idea for roleplaying robberies, mugging etc to be made better but I worry that imposing a rule like that is unrealistic. What I mean by that is, just to clarify, is that it takes longer to type each individual item and where you found it and how you removed it than it would to actually complete the action imho. Not everyone is a quick typer and it creates a pause in the RP that needn't be there.

Obviously, that's just my two cents. I don't mug or rob anyone myself in roleplay so I'm not arguing the point because I'm worried I won't get to run off into the sunset with my drugs and guns.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

I do like the idea for roleplaying robberies, mugging etc to be made better but I worry that imposing a rule like that is unrealistic. What I mean by that is, just to clarify, is that it takes longer to type each individual item and where you found it and how you removed it than it would to actually complete the action imho. Not everyone is a quick typer and it creates a pause in the RP that needn't be there.

Obviously, that's just my two cents. I don't mug or rob anyone myself in roleplay so I'm not arguing the point because I'm worried I won't get to run off into the sunset with my drugs and guns.

That works both ways in my eyes.  The same way it might take someone a little longer to explain where they have the important items it /should/ take longer than a command and a '/me takes all items' to be able to search and collect them from someone that's on the floor who might actually wish to resist as well. 

Appreciate your input though ❤️

Honestly? this suggestion sounds like it falls under the Common Courtesy rule, meaning the person performing the robbery/mugging or any theft in general should have the decency to properly role-play how and from where the person takes the victims items. Adding a rule will just make it a nuisance both to players and admins (especially admins, they got plenty to do as it is), if you feel you were met with role-play not up to the standards of the server you can report said player(s) to the Management under the Quality of Roleplay section.

• 3 weeks later...

Why? Robberies (licks) are fast-paced in real life and they should be fast paced in game. It would be rather unrealistic to be sticking around like there is no imminent chance of danger from law enforcement or a civilian spotting you, which is what happens when you need to type your actions (text based roleplay) rather than just do it alongside a command (VoIP). Despite this, generally people do a great job at squashing as much detailed typed roleplay into their roleplay as possible without drastically killing quality of roleplay to avoid the consequences. With that said, robberies shouldn't be done in the middle of the street in broad daylight. We're not in Brazilian favelas where gangs go around on motorbikes daily robbing everyone they see yet that is what happens on the server as of now and it should be harshly punished when done. This would solve your problem as people would then rob those who are in more secluded areas which in turn gives a better chance for higher quality roleplay rather than a rushed "/me runs up and searches his victims pockets" that we see so often from these midday public robberies.

Another thing is: I've played a few SAMP servers in the past. One of which players had to go into detail of where they're searching and others where they didn't need to. The common problem with going into detail is the victim will just swap up where their items are to 1) delay them being found (if found at all) and then in turn 2) increase the chances of law enforcement showing up, which is again unrealistic. Where 99.9% of people carry their wallet, cellphone, drugs or whatever in their pockets, you'll then suddenly start to see people stashing stuff in their socks, underwear, shoes etc just to delay / avoid losing their stuff during a robbery. It simply DOES NOT work and it will 100% create more problems in the future of people stalling wherever they roleplayed having their items. The only legitimate way I'd be down to see that implemented is if there is SCREENSHOT EVIDENCE of the victim, prior to stashing their soon-to-be stolen items, actually doing the roleplay of putting it somewhere discrete on their person (with a timestamp/date relatively close to when the robbery happened).

Whilst I'm against adding a rule for this, using the emotes /me checks your pockets is nowhere near detailed enough and /me takes all your items is powergaming. You can ask another player to show items after a RPied search but "Checks your pockets" Won't cut it. If anyone is using this as their RP for a robbery please report them in a Roleplay quality report.

When my character was robbed during last week, the perpetrators conducted a "/Me checks your items". I had responded with "/do Where did ___ search?" etc... in order to heighten the roleplay experience. The robbers literally spent twenty minutes searching for my character's items, to the extent that one had to remove my pants, in broad daylight at Vespucci beach, in order to find cocaine hidden by his crotch.

It went from "/me searches his items" to "/do Would he have the phone in his jacket pocket?".... worked VERY well.

The victim should pressure good roleplay through "/do" if the perpetrator(s) neglect to initiate good roleplay. 

Edited by DLimit
  • mj2002 locked this topic