• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
cabotage

Minimum roleplay requirement to take items / frisk.

cabotage    37

While I'd like to think this rule is pretty common sense, I've seen quite a few who don't adhere to it.  I'd like to see it crystal clear in the server rules, if possible. 

Short description:  A player should be required to correctly locate where the items are on a person and mention each item they take before being able to steal the items.  

Detailed description:  Currently when being robbed, mugged or having your items half-inched in general there are some players who roleplay /me takes all your items or /me checks your pockets.   I'd like to see a rule added that states each item must be located and taken from the relevant place on the person's body.  

Items to add:  A rule to clarify each item should be stated and taken singularly.  (Obviously not each bullet, but a gun, a knife, coke, etc.)

How would your suggestion improve the server?   Having it clear in the rules would mean fewer squabbles and /reports.  It would make people think twice about stealing from someone that was downed in the street, the process taking longer so higher risk of being caught as they searched them.  It would make the whole situation a lot fairer. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Caoimheal    83

I do like the idea for roleplaying robberies, mugging etc to be made better but I worry that imposing a rule like that is unrealistic. What I mean by that is, just to clarify, is that it takes longer to type each individual item and where you found it and how you removed it than it would to actually complete the action imho. Not everyone is a quick typer and it creates a pause in the RP that needn't be there.

Obviously, that's just my two cents. I don't mug or rob anyone myself in roleplay so I'm not arguing the point because I'm worried I won't get to run off into the sunset with my drugs and guns.

• Upvote 1

cabotage    37
24 minutes ago, Caoimheal said:

I do like the idea for roleplaying robberies, mugging etc to be made better but I worry that imposing a rule like that is unrealistic. What I mean by that is, just to clarify, is that it takes longer to type each individual item and where you found it and how you removed it than it would to actually complete the action imho. Not everyone is a quick typer and it creates a pause in the RP that needn't be there.

Obviously, that's just my two cents. I don't mug or rob anyone myself in roleplay so I'm not arguing the point because I'm worried I won't get to run off into the sunset with my drugs and guns.

That works both ways in my eyes.  The same way it might take someone a little longer to explain where they have the important items it /should/ take longer than a command and a '/me takes all items' to be able to search and collect them from someone that's on the floor who might actually wish to resist as well. 

Appreciate your input though ❤️

Serower    34

Yeah, I agree. Although I'm afraid now everyone will start roleplaying searching your underwear for your wallet because of that OOC rule lmao.

Vash Baldeus    36

Honestly? this suggestion sounds like it falls under the Common Courtesy rule, meaning the person performing the robbery/mugging or any theft in general should have the decency to properly role-play how and from where the person takes the victims items. Adding a rule will just make it a nuisance both to players and admins (especially admins, they got plenty to do as it is), if you feel you were met with role-play not up to the standards of the server you can report said player(s) to the Management under the Quality of Roleplay section.