Alcohol and drugs

zaXer.

Is it me or I think that there are way too many people/establishments, that;

1. Sell drinks for free
  2. Sell drinks for free/priced but dont actually give out an alcohol item
  3. Customers buying alcohol, drinking it, but not using the item (avoid breathalyzer checks, etc), they drive off with their cars as if nothing happened after drinking 5 vodkas, then they store it in their houses/cars and RP the item later on

This affects the economy by a ton, liquor stores rarely need any supplies because literally no one buys anything but club owners (at least those who give out alcohol items), people complain about having to pay 80$ for a beer (when the shop price is that) because they get it for 5$ in a club that doesnt give out items. The actual alcohol sold to people doesnt end up being used and people store the items in their cars or houses and so on the list goes long.

Same applies for drugs, I rarely see anyone use a drug and actually have it, and USE it, because they dont wanna deal with drug effects, etc.

I believe that what I've listed here is not allowed and all items must be used if you have them, however noone seems to enforce that.

Ah, and same goes for cigarettes. Been witnessing people smoke all night even though they never used a cigarette item.

Edited by zaXer.
Just now, Mitch said:

Selling drinks for free was banned I believe? @Pascal or @Thirteen can clarify?

As far as I know it's not allowed as well, but people openly advertise it 20 times each night and noone even gets kicked about it, and it goes on the whole night with free drinks, free whatever and so on. If not, others sell the alcohol for 5$ (when a vodka bottle in a liquor store goes for well over $100, but they dont give an actual item, so they can sell it for 1$ if they want to, since they're not losing anything).

Edited by zaXer.
3 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Is it me or I think that there are way too many people/establishments, that;

1. Sell drinks for free
  2. Sell drinks for free/priced but dont actually give out an alcohol item
  3. Customers buying alcohol, drinking it, but not using the item (avoid breathalyzer checks, etc), they drive off with their cars as if nothing happened after drinking 5 vodkas, then they store it in their houses/cars and RP the item later on

This affects the economy by a ton, liquor stores rarely need any supplies because literally no one buys anything but club owners (at least those who give out alcohol items), people complain about having to pay 80$ for a beer (when the shop price is that) because they get it for 5$ in a club that doesnt give out items. The actual alcohol sold to people doesnt end up being used and people store the items in their cars or houses and so on the list goes long.

Same applies for drugs, I rarely see anyone use a drug and actually have it, and USE it, because they dont wanna deal with drug effects, etc.

I believe that what I've listed here is not allowed and all items must be used if you have them, however noone seems to enforce that.

Ah, and same goes for cigarettes. Been witnessing people smoke all night even though they never used a cigarette item.

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Selling drinks for free was banned I believe? @Pascal or @Thirteen can clarify?

There was no need for actual alcohol items nor buying them even RP'ly from a players establishment as the script didn't work. I used to buy "imaginary" alcohol from random liquor stores when I saw fitting(Asked for a permission and it was said to be allowed). BUT the alcohol script was just fixed with last update so NOW I am starting to buy the scripted items again to support the actual economic process as more people are now encouraged to brew the alcohol with their own money.

But yeah, there haven't been any wider announcement on any of this. Even the fact that the script was broken was over looked for half a year.

You guys hit the issue pretty well. The main issue is that most places don’t actually stock the supply and RP drinks for lower than their actual cost in game, killing any chance at a real supply/demand economy. It should be a requirement to actually sell the item if you’re going to sell it. Businesses would all be closer to the same pricing and then have to rely on other methods to stand out from other places. There would actually be a need for a liquor supply. 

The other issue is people people who don’t want to RP actually being drunk, even though they are supposedly drinking. I see it all the time where people go into clubs drinking away, then leave like they drank water lol.

3 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

The other issue is people people who don’t want to RP actually being drunk, even though they are supposedly drinking. I see it all the time where people go into clubs drinking away, then leave like they drank water lol.

It really is a problem. There needs to be a more direct indicator to filter out a drunk person from rest of the crowd. So to make cops work more easier and to prevent PG'ing the drunk state. 

• People should be forced into a drunk /walk when they are REALLY drunk.
  • Medium drunk people should have their name tags slightly different. Like light beige or yellow, nothing that sticks out TOO much.
  • There should be a forced /me on people who are drunk. But with 10% chance of happening every 10 minutes. Something that describes that they might be under the influence of something or just acting bit off for normal standards. Something to alert the others.
Just now, Tr1bal said:

It really is a problem. There needs to be a more direct indicator to filter out a drunk person from rest of the crowd. So to make cops work more easier and to prevent PG'ing the drunk state. 

• People should be forced into a drunk /walk when they are REALLY drunk.
  • Medium drunk people should have their name tags slightly different. Like light beige or yellow, nothing that sticks out TOO much.
  • There should be a forced /me on people who are drunk. But with 10% chance of happening every 10 minutes. Something that describes that they might be under the influence of something or just acting bit off for normal standards. Something to alert the others.

Not a bad idea! Right now the drunk walk anim is only for donators, sadly.

Edited by zaXer.
On 7/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, zaXer. said:

Not a bad idea! Right now the drunk walk anim is only for donators, sadly.

It's awful, not a single thing that could be used for RP should be a donator-only feature.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:08 PM, Tr1bal said:

Medium drunk people should have their name tags slightly different. Like light beige or yellow, nothing that sticks out TOO much.

No. Cops see the yellow name driving and here, they already know it's a drunk person. I tested drinking system after nervous finally fixed it and here's what I found out.
Bought 5 beers and 5 tequilas. Basically after 5 beers I was fine, screen was moving, had 0.10% but nothing impossible, could easily drive straight tbh. After 5 more tequilas I ended up with like 0.36%, screen changed its color, camera moved more and it was not that easy to drive, yet I could easily walk and nobody would even see that I'm drunk. So if it's synced we need a drunkwalk  anim at like 0.30-0.40%. Now that the system is back cops are free to keep an eye on the area around open clubs and bars to find drunk drivers. This system is missing some stuff though.

* When you use an item, your char should do an anim, right now you just use it and that's it nothing happens.

* When you're decently drunk, your char should not be able to sprint, when you're very drunk your char can only walk with a drunk anim, optional but when you're legit shitfaced ur char could start falling down.

* When driving while being very drunk, in addition to screen movement your char should also automatically turn left or right, randomly.

It's obvious that some people won't be RPing drunk so might just force it on them.

16 hours ago, Lance said:

No. Cops see the yellow name driving and here, they already know it's a drunk person. I tested drinking system after nervous finally fixed it and here's what I found out.

Bought 5 beers and 5 tequilas. Basically after 5 beers I was fine, screen was moving, had 0.10% but nothing impossible, could easily drive straight tbh. After 5 more tequilas I ended up with like 0.36%, screen changed its color, camera moved more and it was not that easy to drive, yet I could easily walk and nobody would even see that I'm drunk. So if it's synced we need a drunkwalk  anim at like 0.30-0.40%. Now that the system is back cops are free to keep an eye on the area around open clubs and bars to find drunk drivers. This system is missing some stuff though.

* When you use an item, your char should do an anim, right now you just use it and that's it nothing happens.

* When you're decently drunk, your char should not be able to sprint, when you're very drunk your char can only walk with a drunk anim, optional but when you're legit shitfaced ur char could start falling down.

* When driving while being very drunk, in addition to screen movement your char should also automatically turn left or right, randomly.

It's obvious that some people won't be RPing drunk so might just force it on them.

I still think the tag colour should be included as well. But as I said, something that you can't really make apart so easily. At least not just passing by with a car. Or maybe even include a feature that the tag colour change is not even detectable from a car. Getting too complex I know.

Like all your ideas but I'd like to add some to them : Should add some forced falling/tripping into the mix while drunk people are trying to sprint. Otherwise, drunk people are preeeeettty good runners when they are not totally drunk.  And totally drunk people should not be able to sprint at all - only running(drunk slow version of it, like the drunk walk lets you to do) and there would be a a lot higher percentage for them to fall.

I'd agree with the idea of forcing players to undergo a drunk animation, combined with a swerving vehicle, after consuming an X amount of alcohol, as it would increase roleplay situations on a realistic standard for both civilians and P.D. Finally, bartenders could refuse alcohol to a player if they're already extremely intoxicated. Otherwise, the business could be sued for failing to refuse an extremely intoxicated individual with alcohol.

FOR THE SAKE OF R.P.!