search warrant on offline player reaction

Legate

48 minutes ago, Westen said:

Simple solution? The handling administrator sends a notification via the UCP to the offline player saying "** PROP ADDRESS ** You would notice the front door has been smashed in and the contents of the house would be untidy, as if it had been ransacked during a search."

No need for any scripts.

I agree with this. At the end of the day, PD has structures in place outside what we have control of. Time of the warrant to be executed, laws put in place and the script of the server. Honestly we always want to RP with everyone. Everything is always highly roleplayed and the admins make sure of it as they monitor everything with the /breakin script. 

At the end of the day, take my situation. My house got broken into, two cops likely sleeping in a room nearby with a Police K-9 sat by the front door. That can't be roleplayed and I'm not going to complain about it. ( Bjork ?)  Just there is realms of what people can do, I think WESTEN has a point of how that can help.  

People just need to remember us all in PD are roleplayers to, here to have fun and enjoy roleplay as much as the rest of the server. Like yesterday, I had a great conversation with a guy in forum that had broken his arm while conducting a perimeter. I hope your arm gets better whoever that was!

Edited by Cascade
  • Upvote 1

Guys my problem is not that this happened while I was offline. My problem is that it happened days prior and I had no input at all in the roleplay. 

My characters HOME gets raided days ago and I’m not even told hey maybe you should be reacting to this realistically. I spawned in that house and roleplayed in it like everything was fine. 

Then the cops arrest me later saying that they broke into the home on a warrant and found drugs while I’m just standing there roleplay at a party going “ oh cool the cops are here “ if I was told prior that this roleplay went down my character would have reacted.

so in short: To I the unaligned solo player this roleplay literally did not exist in my brain until it was too late, when it was already an intricate process for LSPD.

Common courtesy

Edited by Captain
1 hour ago, Captain said:

Guys my problem is not that this happened while I was offline. My problem is that it happened days prior and I had no input at all in the roleplay. 

My characters HOME gets raided days ago and I’m not even told hey maybe you should be reacting to this realistically. I spawned in that house and roleplayed in it like everything was fine. 

Then the cops arrest me later saying that they broke into the home on a warrant and found drugs while I’m just standing there roleplay at a party going “ oh cool the cops are here “ if I was told prior that this roleplay went down my character would have reacted.

so in short: To I the unaligned solo player this roleplay literally did not exist in my brain until it was too late, when it was already an intricate process for LSPD.

By the looks of it the admin who spectated the situation made an oopsie and forgot to leave a notification. You probably should PM staff management and look to resolve the situation by voiding  your arrest or something along those lines. It's not like you would've got away at the time of the raid but still this shit fucks with man's roleplay.

P.S God, some people are fucking stupid, the ADHD is too real can't even finish reading a sentence.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...