Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

It's simply. Make the Applaud and Thanks reactions not add to the "REP" that's listed on your profile and thus being able to be used without a daily limit. Only the Upvote would add to the REP and thus keeping the system of people not abusing the friend-for-friend likes crap that will inevitably come with this suggestion. Best of both worlds.

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1
On 7/9/2020 at 5:17 AM, Chief said:

It's simply. Make the Applaud and Thanks reactions not add to the "REP" that's listed on your profile and thus being able to be used without a daily limit. Only the Upvote would add to the REP and thus keeping the system of people not abusing the friend-for-friend likes crap that will inevitably come with this suggestion. Best of both worlds.

This is the right solution!

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 4:17 AM, Chief said:

Great suggestion. With a community that peaks towards the high end of the 500's on the server, the forums is a hub of that playerbase. Having a mere TWO likes to show your support and appreciation for something with a player-base this size is ridiculous.

Chief has given an excellent way to improve the current problem, this should be implemented.  

Edited by Lewwwy
21 minutes ago, Lewwwy said:

Great suggestion. With a community that peaks towards the high end of the 500's on the server, the forums is a hub of that playerbase. Having a mere TWO likes to show your support and appreciation for something with a player-base this size is ridiculous.

Chief has given an excellent way to improve the current problem, this should be implemented.  

I'd like this, but I ran out for the day.

The limit serves no purpose rather being less effective and well, not of any use. Even a person is liking a friend-to-friend post, It shouldn't matter, the limit is ridiculous. 

What @Chief said is a great suggestion but the limit should be removed as an entire thing, basically cause It's not needed.

- If it is there for a reason? Developers can tell us about it, I hope so.

Edited by WolfieLULZ

I'm fairly certain the upvote gives credit towards your reputation on the forums and albeit not that important, I don't think they want just random people having farmed a ton of reputation from their friends. I think reputation serves a purpose as does someone willing to upvote a post to credit a user with REP. It helps encourage more positive, well thought out posts rather than a ton of junk. The middle ground would be, as discussed already, to keep the limit as it is for upvote, but remove the limit for applaud and thanks (remove the credit to +REP from these two). It's a perfect compromise and I don't see a reason as to why this should be turned down.

Edited by Saidin
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 4:30 AM, Teddy Broosevelt said:

I'm fairly certain the upvote gives credit towards your reputation on the forums and albeit not that important, I don't think they want just random people having farmed a ton of reputation from their friends. I think reputation serves a purpose as does someone willing to upvote a post to credit a user with REP. It helps encourage more positive, well thought out posts rather than a ton of junk. The middle ground would be, as discussed already, to keep the limit as it is for upvote, but remove the limit for applaud and thanks (remove the credit to +REP from these two). It's a perfect compromise and I don't see a reason as to why this should be turned down.

Exactly this. 

On 7/9/2020 at 4:17 AM, Chief said:

This ^^

I honestly don't see why it exists in the first place.

One thing I hear a lot is "so friends don't spam eachother's posts with likes."

If they do, who cares? Like...why does that matter? Let them spam eachother's posts with likes. It's not like the "like" system gives you any sort of reward ,IC or OOC.