Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

Why is it a good idea: Why isn't it a good idea? In my opinion, the like limit has no actual purpose. It's more of a downgrade than anything. Just being able to like one-two things each day. I mean, this isn't a deal in other forums, as far as I know, so why here? It basically serves NO PURPOSE to limit the amount of likes a person can put in.

• Upvote 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is it a bad idea :  Even now with the limit, "likes" are a mere friend-to-friend type of acknowledgement - Mostly. But still they hold some value. With unlimited likes they inflate to a level that they might as well not exist at all.

11 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

Why is it a bad idea :  Even now with the limit, "likes" are a mere friend-to-friend type of acknowledgement - Mostly. But still they hold some value. With unlimited likes they inflate to a level that they might as well not exist at all.

I disagree. Likes are able to portray a certain popularity for a post - best example: Suggestions.

A Suggestion with 1000 likes obviously is supported by more people than a suggestion with 10 likes without the need to post a useless comment like "+1 i like this" which adds virtually as much as a like - and a post aka spam ontop of that. 

They are a friend-to-friend type acknowledgement BECAUSE of the limit not EVEN WITH. People only have X likes so they save them up for their circle instead of using them whenever they see something they genuinely like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1