Property Inactivity - Lack of Roleplay

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

Why does one require a business to roleplay, in the first place? Host an open party at the beach.... block party in your neighborhood... organize a protest etc...

Your imagination is LIMITED if you're solely dependent on roleplaying within nightclubs.

I may have gotten my point across wrong, after re-reading my initial post. You don’t “need” businesses to role play, but you must think of it from the average user or someone trying out a role play server for the first time or in their first few weeks. Someone who lacks the experience to have imaginative role play will look to others while learning the ropes. Open businesses help encourage active role play, to help facilitate engagement with other people. I was not referring to just night clubs, I was referring to any player owned businesses. You can not argue that having these businesses more active and open, would encourage more engaging role play.

Not everyone has “imagination” to get that creative and you shouldn’t expect them to. That’s the mentality that will eventually  lead to a dead server because not everyone is going to be a “Leader” and just think of something for other people to do. It doesn’t work that way, sorry.

Edited by Kestalas

My suggestion: 

Step 1: increase tax payments on businesses. Even if inactive. If you want to go on vacation, notify administration to get "tax-free" time. Besides that charge weekly taxes (serious ones too, not 100$). 

Step 2: Give a increased payment for opening up shop. 

Result: Business owners who open up shop regularly negate the property tax by activity without losing their profit margin. But business owners who only reserve those businesses end up paying weekly for business that generates no income, slowly draining their funds. 

Neglacted tax payments (for example missing 2 weeks of payment) could then lead to automated business removals. 

This way there is a bigger insentive to a.) run a business or b.) Sell it before it drives you into bancruptcy. Reserving businesses should not be encouraged and only holding them without properly roleplaying them should be punished. And the best punishment in a capitalistic setting is - tax!

Edited by Coni
On 7/3/2019 at 11:16 PM, Kestalas said:

- Ring of Fire Chili House (saw someone using Ads to try and find the owner for like 2 weeks and I either found them or simply gave up lol)

I just wanted to clear this. Ring of Fire Chili House. At least the "old" one by the coast north of the Del Perro beach, is closed at the moment. Do to reconstruction. 

I am not the owner of the place, but I am hired to build it. (Its gonna be quite the thing). Should be done within this weekend. The owner seem very active and very hyped about opening, so I just wanted to get this off the potential list, in case it meant something. 

• Applaud 1
On 7/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Kestalas said:

I may have gotten my point across wrong, after re-reading my initial post. You don’t “need” businesses to role play, but you must think of it from the average user or someone trying out a role play server for the first time or in their first few weeks. Someone who lacks the experience to have imaginative role play will look to others while learning the ropes. Open businesses help encourage active role play, to help facilitate engagement with other people. I was not referring to just night clubs, I was referring to any player owned businesses. You can not argue that having these businesses more active and open, would encourage more engaging role play.

Not everyone has “imagination” to get that creative and you shouldn’t expect them to. That’s the mentality that will eventually  lead to a dead server because not everyone is going to be a “Leader” and just think of something for other people to do. It doesn’t work that way, sorry.

From my experience, just posting up in one neighborhood for a long period of time generally attracts attention to the region. My character often parks within Davis, usually after purchasing a meal or a cup of coffee, which then strikes conversations with individuals that travel pass his vehicle.

Imagination should be expected through guidance. It is our duty, as heavy roleplayers, to guide one another through the developmental process of roleplaying. Otherwise, I would be the same person that I was when I had first joined the roleplaying community.