Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

• 3 weeks later...

Who remembers the mirror park mallrat spot? That's the OG spot. It was fun while it lasted, came across some pretty nice RP and met some interesting people. I'd say it was one of the best times I've had on here, starting out and interacting with people at those spots, but mainly because it was a good introduction to the server and it kept me hooked. It's true though, public RP spots tend to turn out pretty nooby as it lures in a majority of players, the same players that grind side jobs all day yet drive expensive cars and have the mechanic job but don't actually rp a mechanic. Anyway, these characters end up getting deleted as it just gets too boring to play on them, they don't serve a purpose anymore and they never did. I've been there. Having that many players in one spot gives an impression that the server is thriving but it's quite the opposite, other parts of the map are completely dead and you'll have a hard time rping unique characters. I remember thugs rping at the mirror park spot, not because they wanted to, they just had to, there was no roleplay anywhere else. Over time it'll get boring, when all rp is just in one spot, so I think it's perfect the way it is right now, people just gotta leave their apartments and stop grinding for a sec and get into some roleplay though seriously. You can justify your grind if you contribute with some dope ass roleplay later on, like opening a business rather than buying that sports car.

• Upvote 1
On 9/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Henning said:

In all reality the best way to start cultivating RP is by picking an area of the map and telling yourself "This is where I'll be". Go to that area and just start RPing in and around it.

This is very good advice and it should not be ignored, because it works. If you have a somewhat interesting character and you stick around in almost any given area (like a specific neighborhood), you'll have fun and this area will naturally feel like home to your char. People will eventually notice you.

If you keep driving aimlessly instead, endlessly combing the streets of LS "looking for RP", you'll never find anything.

Edited by arrdef
On 4/20/2020 at 3:43 AM, 35mm said:

Who remembers the mirror park mallrat spot? That's the OG spot. It was fun while it lasted, came across some pretty nice RP and met some interesting people. I'd say it was one of the best times I've had on here, starting out and interacting with people at those spots, but mainly because it was a good introduction to the server and it kept me hooked. It's true though, public RP spots tend to turn out pretty nooby as it lures in a majority of players, the same players that grind side jobs all day yet drive expensive cars and have the mechanic job but don't actually rp a mechanic. Anyway, these characters end up getting deleted as it just gets too boring to play on them, they don't serve a purpose anymore and they never did. I've been there. Having that many players in one spot gives an impression that the server is thriving but it's quite the opposite, other parts of the map are completely dead and you'll have a hard time rping unique characters. I remember thugs rping at the mirror park spot, not because they wanted to, they just had to, there was no roleplay anywhere else. Over time it'll get boring, when all rp is just in one spot, so I think it's perfect the way it is right now, people just gotta leave their apartments and stop grinding for a sec and get into some roleplay though seriously. You can justify your grind if you contribute with some dope ass roleplay later on, like opening a business rather than buying that sports car.

I remember that lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always around strawberry near my bar or talking with some random employee at the 24/7. When the sun is about to set I go for a running, put some music on my phone (use spotify since we don't have in player xmr yet), run all the way to vespucci, santa maria, take a picture of the sun, keep running ot the 24/7 near vespucci, buy some water and rp with the employee and go running back to strawberry. (This is like my daily passive RP that happens most of the time if I don't have any bigger RP coming up).

On weekends I wear my fishing outfit, rent a room at the motel near the fishing spot and go fish, talk to the peolpe there, most of them are new players and you end up just giving a small guide to los santos via /b to them and also small talk about some IC stuff that they need to know about Los Santos. Since I RPly like sport fishing, I just grab bigger and uncommon fishes and sell them later, we all know it's a money grinding script but this is the way I have fun and also have some spare cash in the pocket.

This is like my passive RP all the way. Hang out near my property, exercise, fishing and sometimes go somewhere for a drink. I'm really enjoying my time with more passive RP now since we are in quarantine I have way more time to explore this type of roleplay and I've met very good roleplayers doing that, way more than with my main roleplay. My suggestion to everyone, jump into passive RP, it's very good too!

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...