Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

serower

2 hours ago, Five-oh said:

players/groups have a hard time retaining activity in one specific area, because of a lack of coincidental "traffic". imo a fair number of players are always out and about actively searching for roleplay opportunities, paradoxically leading to the opposite result. 

I think theres something to that.

The thing is, if you want to be apart of anything - you've literally got to shoehorn yourself into the conversation. Went down to a house party and my entire RP consisted of drinking vodka awkwardly in the corner while everybody else is shooting the shit, and then once you actually shoot the shit with somebody, the party is over. To go into player groups, you've just got to be confident, either A. You get to be in their clique, or B. Your character gets their shit kicked in. Most RP I've seen happens in events, that's where you get player numbers, if that's a problem; you could just post on people's facebrowsers and meet them ICly, I've met a few friends through facebrowser, plus it's a permanent place to get people so you can chat to them, especially if you lose their phone numbers.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Serower said:

it usually ends up with someone acting like a complete thug and going "I don't talk to cops man xdd", which is absolutely stupid if you ask me.

thats... not necessarily stupid. it should be pretty easy to understand why any character remotely involved in illegal factions wouldn't want to be seen talking with a cop

Edited by mouthbreather
On 7/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, Benny Black said:

Honestly, this question is so easy to answer. You want roleplay? Try South Central. There's dozens of roleplayers who hang around Chamberlain, Forum, Davis, and Rancho. Most of my rp is me just walking around the ghetto, and talking to folks. It's given me some great RP tbh. 

might be worth mentioning that unless your character is black or latino (and sometimes even in those cases) the only RP you'll get in south central is getting robbed or buying drugs LOL

it's certainly a roleplay hotspot, and i spend a lot of time there on my character, but a hostile and dangerous one. and not everybody wants to/is prepared to deal with the eventualities of that

Edited by mouthbreather
  • Upvote 1

It might pay to start actually roleplaying...like systemically. Go places by necessity. Don't make meta plans to hang in one spot and one spot only. Lead a life. If YOU play this way you WILL find people as others are already doing it. Right now though the absolute #1 undisputed gatherer of people is Green Blips/Icons and players at their jobs. Without that you'd be aimless.

On 7/5/2019 at 2:42 PM, Serower said:

Issue is, sometimes there isn't much that can call for interaction as well. There just is no real interest in talking to randoms on the street sometimes because there is nothing that calls for it, and throughout the times I've seen many others try, it usually ends up with someone acting like a complete thug and going "I don't talk to cops man xdd", which is absolutely stupid if you ask me. I try my best to engage with people as much as possible though, but it does get harder to see people around in the city, seriously.

How is it stupid to refuse to talk to cops?

Many people go by this principle

On 8/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, na hAiséirghe said:

The thing is, if you want to be apart of anything - you've literally got to shoehorn yourself into the conversation. Went down to a house party and my entire RP consisted of drinking vodka awkwardly in the corner while everybody else is shooting the shit, and then once you actually shoot the shit with somebody, the party is over. To go into player groups, you've just got to be confident, either A. You get to be in their clique, or B. Your character gets their shit kicked in. Most RP I've seen happens in events, that's where you get player numbers, if that's a problem; you could just post on people's facebrowsers and meet them ICly, I've met a few friends through facebrowser, plus it's a permanent place to get people so you can chat to them, especially if you lose their phone numbers.

True true.

It really depends on finding other characters who are willing to interact. 

On 8/3/2019 at 9:22 PM, na hAiséirghe said:

The people in the group are just cunts for not involving you in the rp/conversation.

On 8/3/2019 at 11:22 PM, na hAiséirghe said:

Find better people to RP with. Some players will naturally not talk to you but others should because of how they SHOULD be portraying their characters. 

You'll find the right people, it just takes time.