Looking for Members - White Dragons

PlayerX

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking about starting my own faction. I know it takes time and I know it takes work to properly do it, but I still want to try.

I had an idea to start a Chinese gang. I know The Yee-Hing Association and the Tianjin Circle already exists as factions (Which by the way, great work on your threads, they look awesome!) but I wanted to start my own thing, not because I don't like how they RP or anything along those lines, but because I want to try and run a faction for at least once, and I was really inspired by the game 'Sleeping Dogs'.

The problem is, not only getting things rolling, but also finding members. I think most of the IC Chinese or American-Chinese population in the server are already in one of the existing factions. So, if anyone is interested to participate on this little project, feel free to PM me on here, and we'll find a way to work it out! At the moment we are looking for around 4-6 members to get things started.

Thanks for taking a bit of your time to check this thread, and have a good day!!

Edited by PlayerX

I would personally see more strides being undertaken to come up with something more unique. There are millions of things still to be done and roleplayed at all - in any case, if your heart is 100% set on this with no risk of your mind being changed, then I wish you good luck.

Needless to say, we've thought about it for a fair amount of time. We've thought about what we could do RP wise, both legal and illegal, and we have a mental roadmap of what we want to do. Now, if we achieve it or not, is up to the RP situations we get involved in and the character/faction/group development we achieve. We thought of a triad because, like @PlayerX said, we were inspired by 'Sleeping dogs'. However, we are open to any suggestions and ideas and even open to change the whole mindset for something that could provide the same or similar RP we are looking for. This doesn't mean the idea is weak, but if it can't work out, maybe another kind of group/faction will, only time will tell, so we are open to change based on that.

I'll gladly hear your suggestions and ideas to make something better. I'm always up for improvement and better RP after all, so all opinions are welcome!

On another note,  we don't want people to RP for the faction only. We want them to RP for themselves (as we don't want to make being a member a chore), and also providing a group they can rely on if needed and use it as a "social hub" where they can hang out with other members and stuff like that. We'll try to provide jobs, interesting RP and other RP oportunities to the people willing to join us and try to make the best out of it, as well as we expect them to bring RP oportunities and situations to themselves and develop their characters accordingly with those situations.

By creating another chinese gang, it doesn't mean we don't like other factions/gangs RP or style. We just wanted to run a faction at least once instead of just being a member of an already existing one. Based on these reasons we decided to make a thread to look for participants. We don't know how much time we or anyone else will have to play, and we for sure don't know how this is going to develop down the road. For this reason, we are aiming for a smaller scale at the moment. We're not looking to make it an official faction as of yet. We're just looking to start something and see where the RP takes us. We can decide later where we want to go with this.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me too.

Just now, ShaqD said:

Needless to say, we've thought about it for a fair amount of time. We've thought about what we could do RP wise, both legal and illegal, and we have a mental roadmap of what we want to do. Now, if we achieve it or not, is up to the RP situations we get involved in and the character/faction/group development we achieve. We thought of a triad because, like @PlayerX said, we were inspired by 'Sleeping dogs'. However, we are open to any suggestions and ideas and even open to change the whole mindset for something that could provide the same or similar RP we are looking for. This doesn't mean the idea is weak, but if it can't work out, maybe another kind of group/faction will, only time will tell, so we are open to change based on that.

I'll gladly hear your suggestions and ideas to make something better. I'm always up for improvement and better RP after all, so all opinions are welcome!

On another note,  we don't want people to RP for the faction only. We want them to RP for themselves (as we don't want to make being a member a chore), and also providing a group they can rely on if needed and use it as a "social hub" where they can hang out with other members and stuff like that. We'll try to provide jobs, interesting RP and other RP oportunities to the people willing to join us and try to make the best out of it, as well as we expect them to bring RP oportunities and situations to themselves and develop their characters accordingly with those situations.

By creating another chinese gang, it doesn't mean we don't like other factions/gangs RP or style. We just wanted to run a faction at least once instead of just being a member of an already existing one. Based on these reasons we decided to make a thread to look for participants. We don't know how much time we or anyone else will have to play, and we for sure don't know how this is going to develop down the road. For this reason, we are aiming for a smaller scale at the moment. We're not looking to make it an official faction as of yet. We're just looking to start something and see where the RP takes us. We can decide later where we want to go with this.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me too.

Sure.

There's a lot of opportunities that haven't yet been explored, for example, most organised crime is by second/third/fourth generation immigrants, to me, that would make me believe that there is a lot of room for homegrown organised crime. Don't you think it's strange how none of the American sounding names seem to be up to much behind closed doors? White American criminals are very real and are most certainly more linked into what can be considered white-collar laundering. For example, who do you think a CEO is more open to speaking to, an intimidating Italian man who talks about "get no respekkt", or a white-collar, slapped-on-smile, homegrown American? There's a lot of potential here for white-collar fronts and so on, leading you to another avenue of potential roleplay.

Another avenue could be anarchist groups, groups that seek to disrupt the legal system, not through terrorism, but actively showing the states' weaknesses through a vast criminal empire, as hypocritical as it may sound, your characters could have a mindset of 'the ends justifying the means', and seek to pop up a front of a pressure group. 

Or how about a vigilante group that 'appears' as a community watch group? Maybe you grew up in Davis and you've finally had enough of the rising crime rates of that area, without the assistance of the local police, who do you turn to? Yourselves. Intimidation, 'eye for an eye' and reconnaissance could all play a big role in this roleplay.

There is so much more to illegal roleplay than throwing a dart at the map and setting up a mafia/triad of that country.  

1 hour ago, HaveADream said:

Sure.

There's a lot of opportunities that haven't yet been explored, for example, most organised crime is by second/third/fourth generation immigrants, to me, that would make me believe that there is a lot of room for homegrown organised crime. Don't you think it's strange how none of the American sounding names seem to be up to much behind closed doors? White American criminals are very real and are most certainly more linked into what can be considered white-collar laundering. For example, who do you think a CEO is more open to speaking to, an intimidating Italian man who talks about "get no respekkt", or a white-collar, slapped-on-smile, homegrown American? There's a lot of potential here for white-collar fronts and so on, leading you to another avenue of potential roleplay.

Another avenue could be anarchist groups, groups that seek to disrupt the legal system, not through terrorism, but actively showing the states' weaknesses through a vast criminal empire, as hypocritical as it may sound, your characters could have a mindset of 'the ends justifying the means', and seek to pop up a front of a pressure group. 

Or how about a vigilante group that 'appears' as a community watch group? Maybe you grew up in Davis and you've finally had enough of the rising crime rates of that area, without the assistance of the local police, who do you turn to? Yourselves. Intimidation, 'eye for an eye' and reconnaissance could all play a big role in this roleplay.

There is so much more to illegal roleplay than throwing a dart at the map and setting up a mafia/triad of that country.  

I totally agree with you. I've never thought about it that way. I know it's the typical thing to do, create a mafia/triad and go on from there but your ideas are actually great. We are still thinking about it and considering other options but, since we have our characters already created it can be a pain to just throw it away and start again from scratch. 

That being said, I'll give it a second thought and see if I can come up with something different that brings something fun and entertaining to the server. I really appreciate the suggestions, opinions and ideas as they might change or way of seeing things and help us come up with something better than our original idea ?

I may sound like a total hypocrite because well I started my own faction a while ago but guys, I really think you could use your passion to start a new faction and condense that idea, Rome wasn't built in a day. Why don't you get to know the yee-hing boys, get your own crew in there. You'd have a lot to do as you'd be half way between joining an existing faction whilst keeping your autonomy, that being said I have no idea how the Yee-hing guys do their shit so goodluck to you regardless what you do.

Peace.