Logging 30 minutes after a crime has been committed.

Hastangz

19 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

Maybe the rule can be that you can only log off and /vpark your car when at your house. Otherwise 30 minutes after a crime at any spot.

shouldn't even get to /vpark imo, the car helps find the suspect

Just now, TNG said:

What does this have to do with the initial suggestion? You don't need to be a detective to be investigating crimes, and this rule applies for any crime that is committed; whether it requires investigation or not.

Oh i guess robbery & homicide divisions aren't needed, because apparently PO's already carry their work load and serve as both. Some people genuinely need to go and forcing them to stay online instead of reacting to more important necessities is rather plain stupidness, as that person would say. If a player is instantly logging out seconds or even minutes after a crime then make a report about it and find out their intentions. Sometimes crime comes knocking at other peoples doors and in self defense, they react but it's not simple to explain self defense to a cop when you carry an illegal gun and possibly hold a criminal record.

I've seen admins bring up and mention this to players in reports in the past, they're well aware and forcing players to stay online otherwise doesn't solve the bigger issue at hand.

Just now, aldo said:

shouldn't even get to /vpark imo, the car helps find the suspect

I've thought about this before, put cars on a timer to despawn don't let people despawn them when they want.

Would prevent people abusing to fix their car and stop people vanishing their cars when there's every cop in the city looking for it. 

10 minutes ago, 1357 said:

Forensics are coming in to the server supposedly which will help combat this issue that you describe above, and aren't homicide detectives / criminal investigators the people responsible for this? If you're just a police officer, your job is to patrol your assigned areas, continuing your job after the fact and that whole investigation and situation is now is out of your boundaries so long as you didn't catch the people responsible in the heat of the moment and detectives aren't asking you questions as you arrived there before them so you likely have some information that they could be using, because that's their job, not yours.

Unless i'm wrong and police officers on the servers are also SWAT and are also professional homicide detectives or criminal investigators on their own time as well. 

It just sounds like PD has all the fun. Leave that detective work to detectives. Detectives should be doing detective work and police officers should be standard police work. You telling me you participate in all the fun as a police officer and also work as a homicide detective on your own time as well? 

I can't imagine realistically how much of a toll that would take on someone, all of that paper work with police + homicide, i mean how do you get the time for all of that? Interviewing or asking questions from potential witnesses, locating any potential surveillance footage and studying it, canvassing the crime scene for any evidence, + a shit ton more work load while being a law enforcement officer on top of it all.. you must have one hell of a life. 

Homicide detectives need to start doing their jobs better and murders need to start being taken more seriously and all of this wouldn't be the issue. There wouldn't be no "If he logs out and we don't catch him within the next few minutes he's gone for good" mindset. You want to start catching people responsible for murders, then they first need to start being taken more seriously. 

You have no idea how the currently LSPD system works in regards to Detective work, so therefore you implying that they need to do their job better is a view with very little to stand on and as such, there is no "If he logs out, then we can't xxx" mentality. The issue stems from that if no one tells us where the casings are, where someone shot, if they were wearing gloves as they did a certain action or anything relating to forensic work. You cannot do anything or be severely limited in what you can do, because if you went back after a lapse of time and then asked whether or not they did xxx, which would've left forensic evidence. By then, the evidence would've been tainted or no longer there.

To note upon 'just the police officer' argument, I myself may be a Police Officer within the LSPD, but I'm also a qualified CSI Officer. So, therefore in response to that yes, I may not be a Detective but I'm very much involved with the investigative side of the LSPD, more so when it comes down to forensic work.  You can state that murders need to be taken seriously as much as the next person, but the current system relies upon the honesty and ability to contact someone through PM's in the hopes of actually getting a clear image of what occurred and whether it's material evidence or otherwise.

Edited by Ylva
2 minutes ago, Ylva said:

You can state that murders need to be taken seriously as much as the next person, but the current system relies upon the honesty 

Then you know forensics is on the way right? So this entire argument you're using is unnecessary when you won't need to rely primarily on private messaging a player. You're right the current system does need to support it, so maybe it makes sense to figure that out instead of trying to poorly seek out band-aid alternatives.

Edited by 1357
2 hours ago, Flluroz said:

Maybe don't put yourself in the position to do a crime if you don't have the 30 minutes to make it fair for all parties involved.

They always have the time, until it involves sitting in the back of a cop car ?

• mj2002 locked this topic