Logging 30 minutes after a crime has been committed.

Hastangz

4 minutes ago, Blank said:

No? I've just explained how the two rules have nothing to do with each other, the person might not have the purpose of avoiding RP, but he will still be breaking this rule, I honestly think it should be enforced so the play to win mentality can quiet down a bit.

Yeah, an example:

Person A shoots Person B and hits the bricks for it.
Person A runs to his house, locks himself and logs off.
Person C saw Person B's death by Person A and is trying to catch him.
As said earlier, Person A logs off like that to avoid a PK.

Edited by Hastangz
7 minutes ago, Blank said:

No? I've just explained how the two rules have nothing to do with each other, the person might not have the purpose of avoiding RP, but he will still be breaking this rule, I honestly think it should be enforced so the play to win mentality can quiet down a bit.

And what puts you in a position to deem how the rules are interpreted?

From own experience, from being both PD and the smoking gun that has been chased down. You're fairly certain when PD or whoever is chasing you has lost track, often you know that you left your phone off and that there's no helicopter above you keeping track of you. Seeing this 'Oh but if they log.'

Do you have any idea how slow breaches can be in PD? I'd rather see it being added under common courtesy as something for players to consider instead of flooding the server with unnecessary rules, and most of all it sounds like you can't take a loss from someone getting away as most people wouldn't give a flying fuck and just deal with it ICly.

8 minutes ago, Hastangz said:

Yeah, an example:

Person A shoots Person B and hits the bricks for it.
Person A runs to his house, locks himself and logs off.
Person C saw Person B's death by Person A and is trying to catch him.
As said earlier, Person A logs off like that to avoid a PK.

Again it's common courtesy, and I'm nearly certain if they made a forum report an administrator would allow for it to be re-roleplayed.

=

Just now, Mahiko said:

From own experience, from being both PD and the smoking gun that has been chased down. You're fairly certain when PD or whoever is chasing you has lost track, often you know that you left your phone off and that there's no helicopter above you keeping track of you. Seeing this 'Oh but if they log.'

Do you have any idea how slow breaches can be in PD? I'd rather see it being added under common courtesy as something for players to consider instead of flooding the server with unnecessary rules, and most of all it sounds like you can't take a loss from someone getting away as most people wouldn't give a flying fuck and just deal with it ICly.

You getting aggressive and calling out peoples positions is funny. It's called rule suggestions, it's a suggestion. You need to pipe down a bit.

Just now, Flluroz said:

=

You getting aggressive and calling out peoples positions is funny. It's called rule suggestions, it's a suggestion. You need to pipe down a bit.

I'm far from aggressive, I'm just pointing out what I find silly in the suggestion.

Just now, Mahiko said:

I'm sorry, but I think in cases like these, you're supposed to RP fear and adrenaline rushes. So, I don't think you will be in your right mind to think about whether you lost PD or not, even if you are "sure" you can never be so sure, I don't RP John Wick characters so I don't get your point.

Just now, Blank said:

I'm sorry, but I think in cases like these, you're supposed to RP fear and adrenaline rushes. So, I don't think you will be in your right mind to think about whether you lost PD or not, even if you are "sure" you can never be so sure, I don't RP John Wick characters so I don't get your point.

I'm fairly certain you're not John Wick if you can outrun the law, nor are you John Wick if you're calm enough to look up into the sky and see if there's a helicopter looking down at you.

But hey, no one has killed my puppy yet, so I can't speak of such.

Just now, Mahiko said:

I'm fairly certain you're not John Wick if you can outrun the law, nor are you John Wick if you're calm enough to look up into the sky and see if there's a helicopter looking down at you.

But hey, no one has killed my puppy yet, so I can't speak of such.

Then again, how can you just make sure that you've lost cops if you look up at the sky or if you don't hear sirens anymore, for all you know they could've had a case on you for a while. But hey, we're going off topic here, so it's appreciated if you would stop derailing this post.

Just now, Blank said:

Then again, how can you just make sure that you've lost cops if you look up at the sky or if you don't hear sirens anymore, for all you know they could've had a case on you for a while. But hey, we're going off topic here, so it's appreciated if you would stop derailing this post.

How is it de-railing, it was a legitimate example of why such rule is unnecessary. And unless PD posses some sort of magic spectating device, and you can't see them directly I don't see how they're not lost. I'm not suggesting that people should /vpark in the middle of the road and just log off. However, as most of us with common courtesy do find a quiet spot and wait a few minutes before doing whatever we're planning to do afterward.  

• mj2002 locked this topic