Logging 30 minutes after a crime has been committed.

Hastangz

You should have to wait 30 minutes post crime so that all parties have their time to react to it. You gunning someone down, getting followed for 30 seconds, losing them and running around a corner and finding a quiet alley to log out in is stupid. You're now safe from retribution. If you can't wait a simple 30 minutes to make it fair for everyone, don't do the crime in the first place. Plus that arguement is terrible in the first place, what happens if you get caught by police? You'll be stuck in game for a lot longer then 30 minutes getting put in jail.

Edited by Flluroz
Just now, Mahiko said:

How is it de-railing, it was a legitimate example of why such rule is unnecessary. And unless PD posses some sort of magic spectating device, and you can't see them directly I don't see how they're not lost. I'm not suggesting that people should /vpark in the middle of the road and just log off. However, as most of us with common courtesy do find a quiet spot and wait a few minutes before doing whatever we're planning to do afterward.  

So I'll explain how this is really necessary. Let's say that you're a criminal who has just committed a crime, your name was made known and the police arrives and they're told your name. You go to your house and hide there then instantly log off, the police looks up your properties on the MDC and they find trails of you outside; giving them exigent circumstances to actually just breach in and take you. But, this is not possible because well you just logged off and there are no consequences for it, and this is how this rule comes to be extremely important. 

Notice that this rule is only being suggested for crimes, you shouldn't be committing a crime if you have to go soon in the first place. A smart criminal plans out their crime properly and they're ready for any swings that the situation may take, but if you don't have half a clue what you're doing and you're just logging off instantly once you've gotten out of their sight, that's just plain stupidness and it should not be tolerated.

Just now, Mahiko said:

How is it de-railing, it was a legitimate example of why such rule is unnecessary. And unless PD posses some sort of magic spectating device, and you can't see them directly I don't see how they're not lost. I'm not suggesting that people should /vpark in the middle of the road and just log off. However, as most of us with common courtesy do find a quiet spot and wait a few minutes before doing whatever we're planning to do afterward.  

As I said before, there's only so much you can learn about your current condition, you can be 100% sure that you've escaped PD. Sure, you lost the cops and you're waiting at your house or w/e. You just wait 30 minutes then log off, there's really nothing much to it.

1 minute ago, TNG said:

So I'll explain how this is really necessary. Let's say that you're a criminal who has just committed a crime, your name was made known and the police arrives and they're told your name. You go to your house and hide there then instantly log off, the police looks up your properties on the MDC and they find trails of you outside; giving them exigent circumstances to actually just breach in and take you. But, this is not possible because well you just logged off and there are no consequences for it, and this is how this rule comes to be extremely important. 

Notice that this rule is only being suggested for crimes, you shouldn't be committing a crime if you have to go soon in the first place. A smart criminal plans out their crime properly and they're ready for any swings that the situation may take, but if you don't have half a clue what you're doing and you're just logging off instantly once you've gotten out of their sight, that's just plain stupidness and it should not be tolerated.

Now THAT is facts right there.

Just now, Mahiko said:

Still, I believe it should fall under common courtesy, cluster fuck of rules is unnecessary seen it before and it genuinely is common courtesy.

It's not, it should be elaborated on. That common courtesy sentence of yours is way too vague.

Just now, Mahiko said:

Still, I believe it should fall under common courtesy, cluster fuck of rules is unnecessary seen it before and it genuinely is common courtesy.

Okay, so your response to all the valid points that were just brought up is your subjective opinion that it should fall under something else? The rule is very simple and it's very beneficial, and at the same time there are no cons. Exceptions to this rule can be surely up to the handling administrator of a specific situation if the player had a serious excuse to log out, but that's just common sense.

I've had numerous scenarios where I've tried to handle a scene as PD and have to PM the person involved for facts, simply to find they logged off the moment they bolted from a shooting. So, not only does a persons murder goes unsolved as an example but no real evidence can be collected from an IC standpoint as we're totally unaware as to what occurred and it's up to most of the time, this being the perpetrator of said crime to describe the scene for us. But, when they've simply disconnected under the guise of them feeling they're 'safe' then all of that goes out of the window.

Edited by Ylva
  • mj2002 locked this topic