Introduce temperature to the server

shiroq

Short description: Simply introduce a temperature feature that would display a temperature on the server that would be randomized each day in a certain range

Detailed description: I think this is a simple feature that could provide more realism to the server. Currently there is no indication if it's cold or hot or anything like that. Many people dress up like it's 30c outside 24/7 others are dressing up like it's 10c . I think this feature could be a nice introduction which would provide a reason for different clothing during different days. For example maybe Monday it's 30c outside then you would't wear a coat. But another day the temperature could be 15c and so on which would indicate to dress up a little warmer etc. This doesn't interfere with anything and is a rather trivial feature that could be used by people.
This could also be combined with the new phone system to have a weather app

Commands to add: /temperature

Items to add:None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Add a little bit more realism to the server.

Additional information:

Edited by shiroq
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I thought there used to be a feature like this implemented previously, unless I'm thinking of somewhere else - if not it would create a lot more roleplay and give british characters something to talk about in game. ?

I definitely wouldn't expect people to start going to the clothes store every time the weather changes though. 

1 hour ago, Duke said:

I thought there used to be a feature like this implemented previously, unless I'm thinking of somewhere else - if not it would create a lot more roleplay and give british characters something to talk about in game. ?

I definitely wouldn't expect people to start going to the clothes store every time the weather changes though. 

The roleplay will be more enhanced and no people won’t need to rush to the stores because it won’t drop from 25 to -2. It’ll be a few celsius’ difference so players could roleplay it being pleasant or harsh. 

+1 for this idea tho, I support it unless it breaks the game like 1.6 has.

• Upvote 1