Essential Utilities/Tools

iGloomy

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum so hi yall! hope you can make friends here heheh.
I Have some questions though.

I'm a new member that wants to join the server, I know this server from a friend of mine, basically, he just told me how awesome this server is, so that makes me interested. but I have some questions, do you need some Essential utilities/tools to use? like maybe controller to drive cars etc, because I have xbox360 controllers here and it's definitely not the best for driving, cause the calibration is just not that good, the sensitivity is just rough, I tried to move it slowly so I can turn smoothly, but turns out I can never drive like normal people. keep ramming the barriers etc cause the steering is just too rough and too fast, it makes me cant drive casually, so what I want to ask here is, is it because of my controller? xbox360 controller is not that sensitive to use or what, what controller did you guys use? ds4 or Xbox one controller? which one is the best and are they great and worth for driving in-game, because my controller is definitely not the best.

P.S Sorry for my grammar and things, I'm not native, I'm an English learner so... I'm sorry! not to offend anyone hihi
Thanks for Reading and Answering. I hope this thread could be a reference for someone who tries to do roleplay but have "not the best" controller and what should they do and use. Thanks in advance!

Hey man.

First of all, welcome, secondly, you posted this in the archive, so it might mean you won't get this seen.

I personally use just keyboard and mouse, otherwise you'd be putting down your controller to type constantly.

I think many think the same, but if I was to use a controller it would be the X360 controller.

Thanks for all the answer, and Captain ill make sure I have my vocab get fixed:3 I'm still learning hehe, btw x360 controller is not the best for me to use, because of its sensitivity, it's just not that comfy for me, but the question is if u use keyboard and mouse did u use mouse to steer? if so how can you free look while steering? or you cant, just stick with it?

On 6/29/2019 at 8:43 AM, iGloomy said:

Thanks for all the answer, and Captain ill make sure I have my vocab get fixed:3 I'm still learning hehe, btw x360 controller is not the best for me to use, because of its sensitivity, it's just not that comfy for me, but the question is if u use keyboard and mouse did u use mouse to steer? if so how can you free look while steering? or you cant, just stick with it?

I use Keyboard and Mouse, I steer with my mouse, no need for free looking since I always check before turning.

Wishing in the future there'll be a keyboard that has pressure sensitive buttons. I honestly bet there will be.

-EDIT-

There ARE pressure sensitive keyboard apparently, never heard of it but apparently it's there.

Edited by LookAtMyRight
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Advanced issues found

On 7/4/2019 at 6:46 PM, LookAtMyRight said:

I use Keyboard and Mouse, I steer with my mouse, no need for free looking since I always check before turning.

Wishing in the future there'll be a keyboard that has pressure sensitive buttons. I honestly bet there will be.

-EDIT-

There ARE pressure sensitive keyboard apparently, never heard of it but apparently it's there.

HOW DID YOU FIND ME

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:47 PM, iGloomy said:

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum so hi yall! hope you can make friends here heheh.
I Have some questions though.

I'm a new member that wants to join the server, I know this server from a friend of mine, basically, he just told me how awesome this server is, so that makes me interested. but I have some questions, do you need some Essential utilities/tools to use? like maybe controller to drive cars etc, because I have xbox360 controllers here and it's definitely not the best for driving, cause the calibration is just not that good, the sensitivity is just rough, I tried to move it slowly so I can turn smoothly, but turns out I can never drive like normal people. keep ramming the barriers etc cause the steering is just too rough and too fast, it makes me cant drive casually, so what I want to ask here is, is it because of my controller? xbox360 controller is not that sensitive to use or what, what controller did you guys use? ds4 or Xbox one controller? which one is the best and are they great and worth for driving in-game, because my controller is definitely not the best.

P.S Sorry for my grammar and things, I'm not native, I'm an English learner so... I'm sorry! not to offend anyone hihi
Thanks for Reading and Answering. I hope this thread could be a reference for someone who tries to do roleplay but have "not the best" controller and what should they do and use. Thanks in advance!

Hi bro welcome to the server, hope you enjoy your stay here.

For my advice is just use keyboard and mouse for the steering phase. Since this server is text-based one, so apparently keep moving from your xbox controller into the keyboard (to type) is for me not really sync. So you might need to have some trial to use keyboard and mouse altogether for some hours and somehow you will get used to it.

Cheers!

SS