Creating a new faction, searching for willing participants

Shotta

Hello,

I have noticed the lack of African American street gangs on the server and have given it some thought and decided that the server deserves a faction of such that is of high quality standards.

If you are interested in working with myself on the development of a black street gang, please contact me via forum personal messaging and we shall proceed from there.

If you are not willing to take the risk of wasting your time because you notice I am a new user, and without reputation, I can assure you it will not be a waste of your time and am willing to dedicate myself fully in order to achieve such a goal.

I know what it takes to lead and develop a faction, as I have been role playing such since the beginning of 2009 starting on LSRP (for those familiar).

Thank you for reading. 

• Upvote 1

It's always better to support existing projects than to create another one. While general experience is always good in starting a faction, the dynamics are wildly different depending on project (even within the scene like SA:MP RP). So even if you do not like the existing options, I'd still advice you to spend some time on the server first so you understand how things work out here. 

3 hours ago, Shotta said:

My account is the only thing new, sir, not my experience on the server. Thank you.

There's a lot to learn here, and a lot of key differences. I was around for almost three months before I tried to make my own business/faction, I assure you, you'd have better success making a breakaway group further down the line.

I'm going to need you guys to stop shutting this guy down. Ay man, best of luck with whatever you do. I think the best way to go about creating these things is to just go ahead and do it anyway and just impress people with interactions as well as the content you put out.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

There's a lot to learn here, and a lot of key differences. I was around for almost three months before I tried to make my own business/faction, I assure you, you'd have better success making a breakaway group further down the line.

He literally just said he’s not new to the server. Let the man make a faction. It’s hard as fuck to convince a prexisting faction to tweak their role play and Shotta believes making his own is the best way to improve role play on the server. He’s not looking for advice on the server he’s looking for others that don’t feel the current factions are up to par and are willing to join him in a new project.

Good luck Shotta!

Edited by MkLvn
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, MkLvn said:

He literally just said he’s not new to the server. Let the man make a faction he’s not here to see if the server will support his faction, he’s here to find another passionate member to build it with him. 

Good luck Shotta!

Completely misread it - sorry!

Best of luck. @Captain has given you the best advice. Start small and aim to impress.

While joining and supporting current factions is the best way to go, I can completely understand why Shotta chooses to create one. His perspective on roleplay may be different from those in the current black factions, and it's not very easy to properly educate people on other mindsets. Good luck.

Having knowledge of the server takes no more than two weeks of playing if not less. It's literally just a roleplay server, nothing more, nothing less. 

There is no special lore to be discovered or none of that, it simply is an open space for people to share different projects and characters. In my opinion man, go for it... If you truly wish to start a faction then just make sure you create a proper thread and post good quality screenshots and people will be compelled to join you.

I would normally support the idea of "supporting existing projects" but in reality when the existing projects are really not that much out there and they already have a somewhat decent playerbase, I think it becomes a matter of time before another faction comes to oppose them or at least provide them different roleplay to keep new things from popping. There's no point in having one massive gang with nothing to do, in a natural order it should be several factions with a decent amount of players split between them, for fun to really exist. 

Good luck!

• Upvote 1