How to interpret the Economy

Coni

I am wondering how the situation is on the server regarding the value of engine money in relation to RP money. 

Obviously people who RP in poor neighborhoods dont use the wealth they potentially have in order to keep immersion alive. But what is it with the actual value of money itself?

Is the bagpack in the 24/7 2000$ because the balance requires this amount in engine-money? Or does a backpack in fact cost up to 2000$ in a normal 24/7? 

Why do cocktails in a club cost 6$ but other products are 100x the amount they cost. Shouldn't we adjust the cost for drinks to the prices of engine products? Make drinks cost 100$s not 5ers. Pack a cigarettes, 100$. On the other hand products like tattoos are closer to the RL price. Do we RP that tattoos just are not worth that much in comparison to a backpack? 

Your thoughts please. 

Edited by Coni

Based on my understanding, mechanic-oriented items are worth more than R.P.-related items. R.P. items are worth less in order to increase R.P. situations. I.E. A person that earns $500 would be less than likely to invest 1/5th of their cheque on a beer.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Based on my understanding, mechanic-oriented items are worth more than R.P.-related items. R.P. items are worth less in order to increase R.P. situations. I.E. A person that earns $500 would be less than likely to invest 1/5th of their cheque on a beer.

But he spends it on a 100-400$ entry fee only to pay 6$ for the beer ? 

I’m with you bro. I’m sure I just never looked into it enough but I always wondered why we don’t just use realistic values for everything. Would be make much more sense (I think?) than buying a backpack for 2000$, a gram of weed for $200+, and getting a house for 30000$ 

Just rescale everything to realistic values and make people earn hundreds not thousands. thats all it really would need. Remove the inflation. If I earn 5k and pay 2k for a backpack I can also pay 200$ for a backpack and earn 500$. But then I pay 20$ for the club not 200$ and still 6$ for the beer ?

1 hour ago, Coni said:

Just rescale everything to realistic values and make people earn hundreds not thousands. thats all it really would need. Remove the inflation. If I earn 5k and pay 2k for a backpack I can also pay 200$ for a backpack and earn 500$. But then I pay 20$ for the club not 200$ and still 6$ for the beer ?

Yes please. Id prefer realistic amounts instead of idiotic ones. 

3 hours ago, Coni said:

I would most definitely prefer a system like this with realistic values opposed to what we're currently working with. The only thing is I'm not sure how this would work being the server has come so far and the economy is already inflated. How would we go about changing this? Just removing everyone's money and starting over would work, but I'm sure lots of people would become upset losing money that they once worked hard to get.