Remove asset rule for PD/FD until economy is sorted

OutlawPC

Pretty gosh darn stupid that you guys are preventing people from role playing in a faction because they have X amount of total assets when the economy of the server is completely and utterly done in the rear, lol. Seen an applicant withdraw their application to the fire department because they are forced to sell their assets or charity money to lower the total assets number because of realism based salaries of their position in said faction, BUT, nothing about the economy is realistic so why enforce that stupid rule? Fix the economy or don't enforce the rule, simple as.

I understand the rule wanting to keep stories similar, but, if someone drops their old role play and has money or assets left over - why should they get rid of it in order to start a new type of role play for their character? lol 

Edited by OutlawPC

............you have to get rid of assets just to join?

That should just be removed all together wtf? LOL. Just invite people that actually have the roleplay quality to NOT buy shit just because their bank account says they can but their job doesn't. I don't understand the infatuation with ensuring the server is broke as fuck.

Edited by Smonk
3 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

This is a rule? Wow.. that's dumb.

Apparently it's a rule among Player Management and government factions from what I see. We get asset checked as members of government factions and if our assets are at or above X amount - we're sent to the depths of Player Management's pit.

The asset rule is actually one, even though minor step in actually possibly getting a proper economy sorted by portraying a degree of realism. So, why remove that one positive step because the rest of the server is in a bad way? 

That doesn’t make any sense as you’re not going to solve the economy issue overnight nor are you going to do in one massive rule change, it’s going to be done in steps and the asset rule for PD and FD is one of them.

Just now, Ylva said:

The asset rule is actually one, even though minor step in actually possibly getting a proper economy sorted by portraying a degree of realism. So, why remove that one positive step because the rest of the server is in a bad way? 

That doesn’t make any sense as you’re not going to solve the economy issue overnight nor are you going to do in one massive rule change, it’s going to be done in steps and the asset rule for PD and FD is one of them.

So, in the process - you'd rather have players be cucky and not turn over assets and not allow new people to be added to the faction? Doesn't seem adequate. Sort the economy out first, it's not hard lol. Don't make us pay 80 flibbing dollars for a DONUT. 

This isn't a server rule, it's something done by the departments themselves. Approach the leadership of both the LSPD and LSFD if you want it to change. As a senior member of Player Management I can confirm it didn't come from us. Whoever told you is giving you false information.

I don't see it changing myself. It's in place for for roleplay quality reasons. You don't have people with enough money to drive a fleet of sports cars moving on to a $50,000 a year job. They wouldn't be able to maintain their current lifestyle. It's one thing having over a million in the bank but living in a low end apartment and driving a cheap car. It's another if you have actual assets that wouldn't make sense for a firefigher or police officer to own and maintain. 

Edited by Keane
  • Upvote 3
Just now, Keane said:

This isn't a server rule, it's something done by the departments themselves. Approach the leadership of both the LSPD and LSFD if you want it to change. As a senior member of Player Management I can confirm it didn't come from us. Whoever told you is giving you false information.

I don't see it changing myself. It's in place for for roleplay quality reasons. You don't have people with enough money to drove a fleet of sports cars moving on to a $50,000 a year job. They wouldn't be able to maintain their current lifestyle. It's one thing having over a million in the bank but living in a low end apartment and driving a cheap car. It's another if you have actual assets that wouldn't make sense for a firefigher or police officer to own and maintain. 

I only perceived it as being a rule imposed by Player Management due to how it came about. "You'll be turned into player management if you get an asset check and are over x amount". If it wouldn't make sense for a police officer to own or maintain said assets then why in the sam hell are we giving such large paychecks and start up bonuses? lol I have over 100k and I JUST started playing a few weeks ago and only have 27 hours like what

You get around $5000 an hour for the first 40 hours for a total of around $200,000. This is to allow players to roleplay rather than focus on grinding jobs. You can get a mid end apartment and a decent car with that money. It helps played get started with whatever roleplay they have planned. 

Players are forwarded to Player Management if they don't have characters suited to the amount of assets their character has. It's not a blanket ban, each player is spoken to and we take their character development into consideration. It just seems like a communication issue that it was mandatory for players applying to be forwarded to Player Management. It's entirely up to the departments themselves. 

Edited by Keane
  • Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, OutlawPC said:

I only perceived it as being a rule imposed by Player Management due to how it came about. "You'll be turned into player management if you get an asset check and are over x amount". If it wouldn't make sense for a police officer to own or maintain said assets then why in the sam hell are we giving such large paychecks and start up bonuses? lol I have over 100k and I JUST started playing a few weeks ago and only have 27 hours like what

Well, we CAN force everyone to start as hobos with literally no money or take it a step further by forcing them to start as toddlers who can then progress through life one dollar at a time but most people want to jump in as adults who lived in this world for awhile so logically they'd have a bit of money or a place to stay at the ages of 20-80 so that's why you have those starter paychecks. 

If you think that driving around in sports cars and living in mansions is good portrayal of an entry level police officer or firefighter then this isn't the server for you. What we aim to achieve is realistic portrayal by all players while also not forcing them into 9-5 labor on a RP server over basic assets. 

We're not here to turn PD, FD or any other organisation on the server into formula 1 playboys who ride around on yachts by day and issuing parking tickets by night so that's that. 

Keane summed things up quite nicely so I'll be locking the thread on that note. If you have issues with faction standards, contact FM. You have issues with portrayal, contact PLM. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1