Let us recall /vparked vehicles to our exact location with /vget

15 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

The car literally spawns into my feet and I"m thrown in the driver seat no matter where I spawned

Are you kiddin me? This doesn't happen with us ? I guess we need to be gold donator in order to get this function lol

31 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Am I the only one that gets their car spawned at my spot once I do /vget after a crash already..?

yh this does happen, but it has to be within like 5 minutes of the server crash or some weird things. 

• Upvote 1

I don't support this. Players will abuse it to spawn their vehicles at their houses because they don't want to take a taxi to retrieve their new bought vehicle. Tbh I never had this issue. My vehicle always spawns right in front of me after a server restart/crash. 

This shouldn't be implemented. It will be abused. Effort should be put into making the server more stable instead of these unrealistic workarounds which is a waste of time. 

Sure, having to call a taxi in that situation is unrealistic too. The only option is to report it and have an admin spawn the vehicle to you. That should be the complaint. More admins are needed to handle all these reports and they're actively working on that. 

Edited by dionkoffie
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, dionkoffie said:

I don't support this. Players will abuse it to spawn their vehicles at their houses because they don't want to take a taxi to retrieve their new bought vehicle. Tbh I never had this issue. My vehicle always spawns right in front of me after a server restart/crash. 

This shouldn't be implemented. It will be abused. Effort should be put into making the server more stable instead of these unrealistic workarounds which is a waste of time. 

Sure, having to call a taxi in that situation is unrealistic too. The only option is to report it and have an admin spawn the vehicle to you. That should be the complaint. More admins are needed to handle all these reports and they're actively working on that. 

I agree, it will be abused.

I would only support this if there was a time limit to using the feature, say 10 minutes, after a server crash, I don't think creating an entirely new and potentially easily abuse-able feature is the answer otherwise.

I've never had this issue personally, when the server crashes my car spawns where I am. Nervous & co are already working on reducing server crashes.

There are multiple solutions already available to players if this does happen, calling a cab or a friend, or /reporting. 

More vehicle rental places, or bike rental places could mitigate such an issue without creating something entirely disproportionate. 

8 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

The only option is to report it and have an admin spawn the vehicle to you. That should be the complaint.

And when 30 people have the same issue? Yeah, let's just pause the RP you were in for 10 mins until a GM can get to you.

You're punishing people on the off chance that people might exploit it.

It will be abused

So is rent, so are places with an entry fee, so is fishing and generally every profession. The difference is that in this case it's not a player's fault that the server goes down and you're actively stopping RP by having them rely on a GM for transport, which requires a waiting time during which the RP either excludes said person ( because haha fuck you for dc-ing and being respawned badly ) or it's stopped al together.

Either way, RP suffers. And you're worried that people will exploit spawning their car, lol. Good priorities.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
31 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And when 30 people have the same issue? Yeah, let's just pause the RP you were in for 10 mins until a GM can get to you.

You're punishing people on the off chance that people might exploit it.

So is rent, so are places with an entry fee, so is fishing and generally every profession. The difference is that in this case it's not a player's fault that the server goes down and you're actively stopping RP by having them rely on a GM for transport.

You're naming jobs and features that totally aren't being abused at all. Fishing was never abused. Players heavily used the job as a source of income.

This is a heavy rp server and it should stay that way. There's no way admins can enforce it if players randomly spawn vehicles to themselves that weren't there rply. I'm not saying that I don't trust players it's just that I've seen these type of implementations on other bigger servers and it just ruined the experience.

I do like the idea mentioned above. Command could be available for 15 minutes after a server has crashed/restarted and players would only be able to spawn the vehicle that they were driving right before it crashed (it can be logged which vehicle you used right before the server crashed).

That way it isn't as highly abuseable anymore but still helps players out.

Just now, dionkoffie said:

This is a heavy rp server and it should stay that way

Every server wants to think it's a high quality, heavy rp server, except you have jobless characters driving Bugattis and Rent/landownership laws that really have nothing to do with the way the law actually works.

There's no way admins can enforce it if players randomly spawn vehicles to themselves that weren't there rply

And why is that an issue? By that logic, remove all spawn options apart from 'last location visited.' No spawning at home, or at the airport.

If your char can zap around the world after 5 mins of being offline why in the world is spawning your car any different?

I'm not saying that I don't trust players

You shouldn't. But what I am proposing helps more than damages, because the damage is null and has a precedent already.

Command could be available for 15 minutes after a server has crashed/restarted

So if I take a shower/break after a crash fuck me, right? No. It should happen every time a vehicle is vparked. The less players rely on admins and their whims the more successful and 'alive' the server will be. THere's already too much reliance on Admins.

I'm not going to continue the discussion as it's not going anywhere with this. It's obvious why I do not want this implemented and I've explained my arguments. 

There are other issues that this server has. Ofcourse there is still some fixing to do about some of the non rp unrealistic features (ex ability to spawn at different places on the map when you select your char).

That does not mean that we should implement this and make it even more unrealistic and abuseable. 

Fixing the servers stability should be the main priority and that is how this issue would and should be solved.