Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Duke

Advertisement rules in game

Recommended Posts

Duke    12
Posted (edited)

I advertised to legally buy a firearm and was kicked, there seems to be a lot of unwritten rules not in the rules section we can't possibly know about.

 

Could this be specified in the rules section please

 

Private firearm sales in america are common, that's one of the leading ways of exchanging firearms between citizens due to there being a lack of regulation.

 

 

Edited by Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DLimit    40

I highly agree with specifying advertisement rules in order to possess the reasoning for the kick or ban in writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rp_anon    10

I agree with this. I was just kicked without even being spoken to for advertising for an Escort...something that happens in the real world all over the internet. The reason I was told I was kicked was for wording it in a humorous way. You know...the way that classified ADs have been written since there was such a thing? 

 

Frankly the amount of unwritten or vague rules on this server does it an injustice. As a player I'm made to sit with the opinion of some Admin rather than that same Admin enforcing a Rule. Rather than be told there is something wrong I'm done I get shamed and told "I don't think this thing is legitimate and you're clearly a troll" and then kicked from the session with no reason, no warning. It's disrespectful. I know I'm not on a pre-teen on a GMOD server and I -hope- I'm not being administrated to like I am. 

 

Broadly speaking get rid of these adjudications for unwritten rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kinda common sense, 

Buying a firearm, legally? Go to a ammunition. There is no other way.

Your ad wasn't just for a escort. It was for a "maid"  with "extra pay to leave your HARDwood spotless".. Come on.

If the ad isn't for something legal, don't advertise it. 

Only time I ever seen anyone get kicked for a ad was cause it was for something blatantly illegal, horribly written and or in a foreign language.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rp_anon    10
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Its kinda common sense, 

Buying a firearm, legally? Go to a ammunition. There is no other way.

Your ad wasn't just for a escort. It was for a "maid"  with "extra pay to leave your HARDwood spotless".. Come on.

If the ad isn't for something legal, don't advertise it. 

Only time I ever seen anyone get kicked for a ad was cause it was for something blatantly illegal, horribly written and or in a foreign language.

I feel this is an arbitrary judgment rather than one based on a rule. If you've never read a silly classified AD, been on Craigslist or something then maybe you haven't seen these reasonable, real and yes, humorous examples of people's personal advertisements. I asked why I was kicked without being talked to and the reason given was ,"It's obvious what the intent of your AD was and this server doesn't do silly euphemisms because these ADs are on TV, Radio, etc". 

 

If that -is- where these ADs go I'd like for that to be written down somewhere rather than something I couldn't possibly have known. It also seems to be an idea of the world that is about 30 years old. If /AD can't be used by individuals to replicate a Craigslist listing, essentially, I'd like to know that. I've seen plenty of similar ADs and can only assume those people were also just kicked at random rather than being pointed towards a rule.

 

As for the Legal Firearm I have to say that the /ad functions on this server are for getting players together to roleplay...you can buy guns legally from people in the USA. It's not illegal to buy guns privately. I don't see the point in being naive and enforcing a strange metagame that only Ammunations sell guns....unless of course this is yet again another unwritten rule because you -cannot- by a gun legally in the Server. That's something you couldn't know without experience and if you get told off for learning it through experience that's a bit backwards.

 

Also Escort Services are Legal in the USA.

Edited by rp_anon
Addressing another part of the quoted post. Also adding a final comment.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rayy    13

Agreed, Simple suggestion that can help admins and players.

 

The Ads seem to be a gray area of whats allowed and not. See some people getting kicked for using multiple types of ad's(Bads, Cads, Ads at once) and then I see some completely get away with it. Really annoying when you're trying to get a ad out. 

 

14 hours ago, rp_anon said:

Also Escort Services are Legal in the USA.

"Yes, it’s legal to pay someone to be your date. However, if you later pay an escort to have sex with you then you’ve crossed a line into prostitution. This is a crime in California. Sometimes known as solicitation for prostitution, it’s illegal to either act as a prostitute or to ask or induce anyone else to do so."

 

From my understanding, the Ad's should be RP'd as ones you'd see on Radios, and TVs aka family friendly ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rp_anon    10
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rayy said:

Agreed, Simple suggestion that can help admins and players.

 

The Ads seem to be a gray area of whats allowed and not. See some people getting kicked for using multiple types of ad's(Bads, Cads, Ads at once) and then I see some completely get away with it. Really annoying when you're trying to get a ad out. 

 

"Yes, it’s legal to pay someone to be your date. However, if you later pay an escort to have sex with you then you’ve crossed a line into prostitution. This is a crime in California. Sometimes known as solicitation for prostitution, it’s illegal to either act as a prostitute or to ask or induce anyone else to do so."

 

From my understanding, the Ad's should be RP'd as ones you'd see on Radios, and TVs aka family friendly ones. 

None of the above is particularly relevant I'm sorry to say. The fact is that rules are being enforced rather arbitrarily rather than actually being somewhere reasonable for a player to pre-emptively understand. And ADs of a mature rating are consistently posted all day every day.

 

I want to emphasize as well that it's a weirdly specific thing to say that /ad is for Radio and TV....what private citizen in the USA has radio or TV ads? Maybe a cringey public access thing? It doesn't have to be -my- vision of it but a Craigslist or Facebrowser ad....a personal social app or some selling thing makes FAR more sense than some vision of the 1980's.

Edited by rp_anon
Adding information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlowN    6
9 hours ago, Rayy said:

 From my understanding, the Ad's should be RP'd as ones you'd see on Radios, and TVs aka family friendly ones. 

That doesn't really make sense. While that's the basic idea, I've never ever watched TV to see adverts of "young men looking for any work" or "selling a burrito" and so on. If those ads are fine, then let's not pretend they're being aired on any TV and radio. First of all, people receive them when they're out in the open, on top of a mountain, in a club and so on, without being near a radio or TV and can post them from wherever. This is besides the content. 

 

There's a lot of unwritten rules due to which lots of people get punished. And no, their doings are not okay and shall be punished but again, no, they didn't break any (written) rules. An overhaul of the IG Rules topic could do the trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rp_anon    10
On 8/23/2019 at 12:12 AM, FlowN said:

That doesn't really make sense. While that's the basic idea, I've never ever watched TV to see adverts of "young men looking for any work" or "selling a burrito" and so on. If those ads are fine, then let's not pretend they're being aired on any TV and radio. First of all, people receive them when they're out in the open, on top of a mountain, in a club and so on, without being near a radio or TV and can post them from wherever. This is besides the content. 

 

There's a lot of unwritten rules due to which lots of people get punished. And no, their doings are not okay and shall be punished but again, no, they didn't break any (written) rules. An overhaul of the IG Rules topic could do the trick. 

Right. The point is to stop punishing people who aren't acting out of malicious intent in the first place. And -hopefully- not to make arbitrary value judgments along the way. Make objective rules that are meant to curb behavior you don't want. The rest should be left up to the players.

 

Just remember I was kicked from my connection because an Admin disagreed with my AD wording. Don't do that. Don't ever do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zaXer.    60

Guns can be sold legally by posting a request on the LSPD forum, so whoever kicked you for it, is wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×