Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

HaveADream

Kalani Jamil was originally going to be an activist for the BAME citizens of Los Santos in her long term development, and still may well end up being eventually, my first few weeks with Kalani was difficult, going from bar to bar trying to get people to listen to her either rap about the problems of Sri Lanka or listen to her convince people to do the right thing, I eventually paused her for a bit until I could find a way out of the rut that I had placed her in, with no space for development with the current base around her, she decided to start Saints News, which was originally going to be a 'local paper', around the same level of activity as R&R does currently, however, it unravelled quite quickly and became something much bigger than I or Kalani had ever anticipated by offering an alternative to what was currently available, Kalani's core principles haven't changed, she still likes to give the voices to those who aren't heard, but in a much different medium to what I originally had planned for her.

From what was intended as a third choice character had turned into my first, and will be for the foreseeable future, so I am really pleased with how her development played out.

I cannot say that things changed in the beginning, more like throughout the game Christine changed as she progressed with the story. Although she was originally intended to be drug addict only I decided to add several variables. See I observed this many times in other games and ini GTA as well. People create their characters rock solid. Sure it took Christy several rehabs and threats from few people, but in the end she came out clean. At first I intended to keep her poor, struggling through her days. But a month later she already had a basic mechanic course behind her, with solid work and people willing to help her. So much for my initial plan.

Edited by Engelbert

My character went from being a dirt poor & homeless petty criminal to "rich" and a somewhat well known part of a prominent business through his own talents, but finds himself steering towards criminal get rich quick schemes often because his social life and bad habits are tearing the little foundation he's built down & now he can't support it financially. 

2 hours ago, Captain said:

My character went from being a dirt poor & homeless petty criminal to "rich" and a somewhat well known part of a prominent business through his own talents, but finds himself steering towards criminal get rich quick schemes often because his social life and bad habits are tearing the little foundation he's built down & now he can't support it financially. 

I have great respect for the way you have portrayed Rot Garden.

After a week, all of my characters have remained the same. It's a bit challenging to develop either of these characters when the only interactions involves attending night-clubs and bars with people driving 100 miles per hour in their sports vehicle.

My Chinese lawyer spent around an hour traveling throughout Los Santos for some interactive roleplay. Nothing happened. Only extremely minor small talk with unlicensed taxi drivers. Usually, a lot of these transportation services prefer to simply complete the contract with minimal interaction.

I am hoping that this improves in the future.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2

akari never rly "arrived" in los santos. she'd been there all along she was just a sad, anxious hermit who was running out of money from previous successful jobs to support her NEET lifestyle

so she came back to the public eye (aka i joined the server) and started out with bartending gigs for basically every club that was active at the time. time went on and she worked her way to a manager position, bought her own club, helped manage a few other bars/clubs, was in a committed relationship for awhile, got dumped, dealt with the deaths of several people close to her (including her ex), so she repressed back into her usual lifestyle of ruining other people's lives for sport under a thickly packed guise of positivity and entrapuneurship. 

ofc she has other aspects in her life going in in the background - affiliating with questionable groups of people, emotions she doesn't really know how to recognize or handle, and wiggling her way out of suspicion for.... other actions she has done recently.

overall so far she's ended up exactly how i play her on every server - cold yet hot-headed, vindicative bitch with a messy love life and a lot of emotional baggage. i just didn't expect outside forces to play into that as much as they did. its been rad to watch happen but also FUCK akari isayama

• Perky locked this topic