Permanent Vehicle Seizure / Crushing

Westen

1 minute ago, thutl said:

What is 'funding' for PD? Don't all cops get a gun with 400 bullets whenever they go on duty anyways? Curious to know what PD uses money for.

Paychecks. They get a budget each month to use for paychecks.
I also believe that they use the same budget for other things as well, all though Legal Faction Management might be more capable of answering that one.

Edited by Thirteen

I am in agreement in above. There should be an impound time of a couple of days if a vehicle is taken. There is literally no point going through the hassle to tow a vehicle right now if it can be released minutes later. 

I also agree about seizing a vehicle permanently, while I do not think we should be able to do it at every occasion, I do believe we should be able to send a court document to a judge who can sign off on it, just like an arrest report. 

Just now, thutl said:

What is 'funding' for PD? Don't all cops get a gun with 400 bullets whenever they go on duty anyways? Curious to know what PD uses money for.

Paychecks, equipment, new vehicles, new buildings. Everything that has a price tag in-game and the PD wants, is being paid for.

2 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I like it. This sounds like more of a law suggestion than a script suggestion, though. 
That being said, I'm all for it and would even go as far as suggesting that auctioning off seized cars would be a great way for PD to get a bit more funding.

This would have to be carefully watched though. I can definitely see some people attempting to use their friends to buy the seized car just to get it back to them. Obviously that would be against the rules, but I doubt it would stop some people from trying. I might just be cynical about it, but that's the first thing that comes to mind lol.

Edited by Pollster
2 minutes ago, Pollster said:

This would have to be carefully watched though. I can definitely see "some" people using their friends to buy the seized car, just to get it back to them. I might just be cynical about it, but that's the first thing that comes to mind lol.

Even if that is the case, the money would still end up in LSPD's pocket, though. If people want to continue buying the same car over and over again, there's not much we can do about that.

• Rukka locked this topic