Faction Forum Activity Regulations

Short description: Upping the activity requirement for faction threads.

Detailed description: Currently we have to many factions that may only post once a month then be inactive on there thread for the rest of the time. It's time to either set a tighter requirement around activity and posting screenshots or start L&Aing threads and giving new factions a chance in there place to have a thread and be active. After going through the threads and seeing so many inactive faction threads is not a good sight at all. It's time for the faction section to become alive again, not only a select few that post daily SS's.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It could clean out the inactive faction threads and give new factions a chance to spread there wings and showcase there RP.

Added: There are factions that have been up for months, some even a year with barely any forum activity.

Edited by WirelessMind

I'm only spotting a handful at most of factions that have been inactive for a month tops. I don't see it as a problem how it is right now. What i do find an issue is persuading others to join a faction that already exists and swaying people from making their own faction. Some just prefer to run their own factions, or maybe the current concepts aren't appealing or even the members within the factions within a particular faction aren't people they wish to role play with, and creating their own essentially solves that issue.

Edited by 1357
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to hijack this suggestion to instead suggest a post limit on faction threads of 1 post per day per person. 

I see alot of threads where people basically reply to themselfes with 1-2 screenshots just to keep their thread at the top, essentially resulting in spam post races. 

People should gather all screenshots of a day and post them in bulk once they are done / conclude the day / start the next one. Irritating to me but since most people do it the other factions are forced to follow suit or face page 2 (and we know from google - nothing on page 2 exists) 

33 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

All this suggestion will do, is encourage people to put out more screenshots without context. And I'd personally prefer more quality over quantity, so I can't support this one.

Also the one I added to the thread? (Essentially limiting people to 1x post per day, thus increasing the quality and timing of said post instead of splitting 3 screenshots in between two people in a 2 minute tandem)

I don't know. I care less about forum thread activity, and much more about in game roleplay activity and quality. I personally never have bothered to screenshot and document my own roleplay for the sake of dissemination or advertising; personally I'd even be reticent to accept somebody in a faction I were running if they showed up and wanted to be involved because of our screenshots instead of interactions they had constructed ingame 

29 minutes ago, Coni said:

Also the one I added to the thread? (Essentially limiting people to 1x post per day, thus increasing the quality and timing of said post instead of splitting 3 screenshots in between two people in a 2 minute tandem)

That is a really good idea.

53 minutes ago, Coni said:

That's a different suggestion. I was commenting on the one made in the original post.

20 hours ago, Exploits said:

I don't know. I care less about forum thread activity, and much more about in game roleplay activity and quality. I personally never have bothered to screenshot and document my own roleplay for the sake of dissemination or advertising; personally I'd even be reticent to accept somebody in a faction I were running if they showed up and wanted to be involved because of our screenshots instead of interactions they had constructed ingame 

I agree on the stance yet I think you are not seeing the full picture. 

How do you know what type of factions are available? Via the thread. How do you know that they are active? Via the thread. How do you get a guess as to what timezone they play in? You guessed it again. Obviously nobody gets into a faction just by seeing screenshots and it's nearly impossible to join a faction without having interactions ingame beforehand. That's where you separate the wheat from the chaff. If a faction only constructs screenshots instead of using them as a snapshot of the natural roleplay that happens, you find that out pretty fast via roleplay. 

Keep in mind some people actually construct characters that work for a certain type of faction as to increase immersion and compatibility. It's incredibly helpful to have screenshots and see if the general style of roleplay fits your own.

I on the other hand would be reluctant to accept somebody into my faction that only cares about his own roleplay experience and is not interested in helping the faction grow as a whole. Being a faction member is not just an IC thing, it's accompanied with many responsibilities out of character (especially if you're an "official" faction). 

That being said I think the spam "I need to be among the top five threads, let's post 2 screenshots every 2 minutes in tandem" culture should be squashed with a post limit. We can limit the amount of likes so I am sure certain threads can get a 1x post per day limit. This way only the best snapshots are posted and highlighted as you don't want to waste your single post on spam-shots. 

• mj2002 locked this topic