Hide character name in /b if masked

thutl

Short description: If a player types in /b while wearing a mask, it shouldn't show their character name, it should only show their mask ID.

Detailed description: n/a

Commands to add: n/a

Items to add: n/a

How would your suggestion improve the server?: People wearing masks would no longer have to use "/do ((   ))" to speak OOCly. It would allow them to keep their identity hidden OOCly and further prevent metagame.

Additional information: n/a

I'm voting no here, the mask hides your name ICly, where it should be hidden. If a person is metagaming a name with /b or /me then they are going to metagame in any number of other situations. The other issue being If a person feels like they are protected and hidden if an argument does break out in PMs or /B it is simply going to become even more of a toxic situation as the person believes they have anonymity. 

Edited by Syrike

No, /b is an OOC chat and because of that I do not think your name should be masked in /b. If people want to metagame, they will find another way to metagame. Which should rather be dealt with be an admin than trying to avoid it scriptwise. Having someone's name could be very handy when required to need someone's ID for specific commands. So, in my opinion this is not needed.

8 hours ago, Nexxt said:

No, /b is an OOC chat and because of that I do not think your name should be masked in /b. If people want to metagame, they will find another way to metagame. Which should rather be dealt with be an admin than trying to avoid it scriptwise. Having someone's name could be very handy when required to need someone's ID for specific commands. So, in my opinion this is not needed.

ID can be found by typing /ID and the last 3 letters/numbers of the mask name.

12 hours ago, Pan Grama said:

Gotta vote No.

I didn't even know this was a thing, but just by thinking about it, it only benefits someone who wants to be masked OOC.

There is no OOC masking though. Masks are completely IC.

Agreeing with Syrike here. If someone MGs it because of a /b given, the player can easily be reported.

22 hours ago, thutl said:

ID can be found by typing /ID and the last 3 letters/numbers of the mask name.

I know, but it's still easier to quickly memorize someone's character name than a bunch of generated letters and numbers, in case of having to report someone for example.

• Upvote 1

@thutl I want to support your suggestion, but I remember our awkward non realistic rp where you literally ran away from further interaction. (Also, you answer OOC only when it suits you, what is kinda OOC abuse already)

" ID can be found by typing /ID and the last 3 letters/numbers of the mask name. "
I mean, most of newcomers don't know about this option... Thus in case you just run away from rp in your mask: folks won't be able to identify you without knowing about "/id". And thus, they will not submit a request, since they won't remember your mask id.

My guess is that you are trying to abuse server rules.

I hope I am wrong.

TL;DR
  @thutl Your ic rp is already weird and not realistic, do you really need to be anonymous in ooc chat? This will make you overpowered for  robbing newbies.

I hate to interact with someone who wears a mask and starts typing something in /b and I get to know who it is oocly. It kinda breaks the immersion for me, but luckily when this happens I never really focus that much on the name and I will forget who it was some minutes later as long as I dont know the person. Even then I know that it was just a random guy and nobody that I know and if I wouldnt know ooc who it was then it would be more of a mystery and would interest me in some way.

Would be nice if there would be a button to click and it hides all player names, not just players that wear a mask without removing the chat.

Edited by Chipsdose
  • Upvote 1