Aviation on GTA World - General Discussion

Marcus.

Hello everyone!

After long deliberation, I finally decided to kick off this discussion. It is in regards to something that I, and I hope a few others really hold dear, Aviation.

I have created a rather long post/document detailing some aspects of how aviation usually is handled, but I believe it is better to keep it short and simple. So what I wish to discuss with everyone here is:

How to create a more realistic and more enjoyable aviation experience on GTA:World

I need to make a few things clear before we start this off however, and I would appreciate everyone to read these few bullets points:

• I am not advocating to have ATC staffed 24/7
  • I am not advocating to have complete realistic procedures regarding taxiing, take-off, approach, final, and touch down
  • I am not advocating to have people sit through a 4 to 6 hour session of someone explaining them how to operate an aircraft
  • I am advocating to create an enjoyable, yet realistic environment for those of us who are interested in aviation

In-order to kick-start this discussion here are a few suggestions on how aviation and the roleplay around could be improved:

• Standardize communication on the central frequency through legislation
  • Standardize the registration of aircraft (fixed and rotary) to FAA standards (i.e. NXXXXX, X being numbers and letters)
  • With the help of the community, create and establish a flightschool ran by players, for the players (teaching the bare bone basics of radio communication and aircraft operation)

References for this topic are:

Edited by Marcus.
  • Upvote 1

Standardize the registration of aircraft (fixed and rotary) to FAA standards (i.e. NXXXXX, X being numbers and letters) - As long as this isn't to be handled by a faction or a player I'd be cool with the rest. 

Seeing LSRP has a registration system for aircraft, it was a complete cancerous process to get your brand new aircraft registered.

2 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

make an LSIA (Los Santos International Airport) faction that can offer citizens flight training and allow them to pass for a flight license.  

That's just not really realistic though, I'd prefer to see private businesses fill the void that LSIA left in our former servers.

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, HaveADream said:

That's just not really realistic though, I'd prefer to see private businesses fill the void that LSIA left in our former servers.

That’s part of what me and a few others have been trying to do for a little while now. We’re limited by a few factors, but it seems like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel approaching! 

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I think you'd have more players into aviation roleplay but are held back by the high prices of Heli's/planes. I love flying and would be more into it, but the prices are just way to high for me to get into the roleplay. If only there was some lease program managed by Property team to help out with expensive vehicles like these ?

I've always liked flying, even with the maverick and the perks of not being a very skilled pilot, as hell, no-one is a professional overnight and the mishaps that come along with it, I kinda wish there was more players in the aviation area though, especially mechanics.