Before suggesting: Military of SA

Ellis_B

Hey there, now when I have spent quite some time trying to find anything about military or suggestions about military in SA, I want to ask: what is wrong with Zancudo base and why is it non functioning? Does not make any sense. Does anyone know why? Why do we have so many rp former soldiers but no actual soldiers? AM I missing something?

6 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

Hey there, now when I have spent quite some time trying to find anything about military or suggestions about military in SA, I want to ask: what is wrong with Zancudo base and why is it non functioning? Does not make any sense. Does anyone know why? Why do we have so many rp former soldiers but no actual soldiers? AM I missing something?

Fort Zancudo is currently only used by Government agencies as a training area that is out of the public, i.e LSPD training, LSFD training, etc. 

There has never been a military faction and there will not be one in the near future as there is no requirement for one.

Why so? What if some players will like to join it? We have retired war vets and military vets, why can't we have an active soldiers? Also how come military base is used by a police? I believe military factions exist on other servers, at least samp. Can't be certain but I think I saw quite a few.

I have a Marine vet alt that's a cop. As much as I would love to roleplay being active military...

1) There is no need for one

2) The population is too low

3) Military focuses on international affairs mostly, therefore, what is there for the military to do on the server?

If there isn't even a proper prison system put in place, thinking about the military is a bit farfetched.

Edited by iAMTemple

Maybe. But we still could make it at least look nice. Like daily training at Zancudo Bay, daily exercises in Zancudo base, etc. Reserve army. Plus we don't need may players. Some factions live like with 1 player. Hah. I think Army will have like 5 tops online and  this is enough (base is huge but... We could come up with something)
_

On the other hand, remember the samp army role playing. Twas working. But yeah, server online is a bit bad at this moment. Also we can add some benefits to those who serve. Like free gas or cheaper flat or whatever.

Since I assume you are Ottra on Discord, I'll reiterate my points in a bit more depth as to why I feel that a military or even national guard/reservists corps are not necessary.

The biggest issue with having a military or even paramilitary faction/organization most of the times are the issues of what to do in off-time. Which as far as this topic is concerned is most likely going to be 99.9% of the time, unless Los Santos suddenly gets hit by a CAT5 Hurricane. Unless people really fancy having drills day-in day-out or file paperwork regarding entry & exit of the facility. There is not much going on, you can I suppose consider doing regular training however, that would require other parts to function which leads me nicely into my second point.

Infrastructure, such a faction requires more infrastructure than the LSPD and LSFD combined I would say. Let alone which vehicles they would have at their disposal to operate them and how likely/unlikely they would be utilized. Furthermore, it would require not basic, but utmost support scriptwise to function somewhat decently including trainings.

Next point would be, that the US Armed Forces are (unless specifically granted) not allowed to operate on US soil, hence there was a huge debacle PR wise when a PMC was allowed to operate in the aftermath of a Hurricane but the armed forces were not to their fullest extend.

6 hours ago, Rukka said:

Fort Zancudo is currently only used by Government agencies as a training area that is out of the public, i.e LSPD training, LSFD training, etc. 

There has never been a military faction and there will not be one in the near future as there is no requirement for one.

This more or less wraps it up. I'm all up for discussions but I honestly don't want people to argue over something which will never exist on this server.

There are several issues with having a military faction on the server: 

1. There is no requirement as Rukka mentioned
  2. You'll never be deployed, assigned to a different base or most likely go anywhere outside of the base
  3. The hierarchy stops with the Fort's CO. While factions like PD and FD exist without that missing link on top, I don't see the base existing without anyone above Colonel level which is what's going to happen if we do allow it. 
  4. It'll be extremely weird seeing platoons which consist of like 8 people and squads which consist of no more than 4 due to a lack of members. I firmly believe it cannot be pulled off on our server and even if we'd somehow manage, it wouldn't match or feel like a real base. 

While a base won't exist, RPing a vet is more than fine. 

Locked on that note.