Reel Big Fishing Overhaul

Crater

23 minutes ago, Momo's Revenge said:

I'd prefer a system that favors fishing companies w/ vessels.

The main issue I see with a system like that is that it'd either be too profitable, or not worth it at all. Plus, you'd end up with groups of players out on the ocean with hardly anything to do, nowhere to go, separated from the rest of the roleplay that's going on. Sure, you could have some opportunities for passive conversation and such on the boat as well as the occasional accident/problem, but it'd get pretty stale pretty quickly I think.

+0.5, I want boat fishing as well! We got a cool Tug, Dingy, Suntrap, Tropic, all of those are suitable to fish in the water. Fishing on a boat should give you a slightly higher chance to catch a better fish than on the land, as you're investing in a boat etc etc etc or just have it all the same but the boat would benefit you with storage on it :). That could make a nice chain - group of people fishing on a boat, others transporting the fish from the boat to the sell place using trucks/vans/etc, and restaurants should require a fish item to make fishy foods  together with the new trucking update.

Fishing rods should have some sorto f a brand same way alarm systems have, because "Super Rod" sounds like something I'd expect to shoot lasers and rockets ?

Edited by zaXer.
1 hour ago, Crater said:

The main issue I see with a system like that is that it'd either be too profitable, or not worth it at all. Plus, you'd end up with groups of players out on the ocean with hardly anything to do, nowhere to go, separated from the rest of the roleplay that's going on. Sure, you could have some opportunities for passive conversation and such on the boat as well as the occasional accident/problem, but it'd get pretty stale pretty quickly I think.

The numbers can be worked out overtime it'll all more than likely have to be adjusted at some point. Right now boats can't be used at all so it's better than nothing and can make RP jobs. Eventually anyways, right now the tug boat at least is bugged on here. The perks of boats would be a bigger storage, maybe a longer time to spoil, and greater chances to catch more fish or bigger fish. Just to throw in a wild card factor for the suggestion in general there could be a chance of catching junk items or kelp.

Having little to do can be said about many RP jobs. If they know a lot about fishing on a boat there's plenty of stuff to do to occupy a 20 minute trip. 

Edit: To clarify I'm mostly addressing the tug being used. That's a crew vessel so a lot of responsibilities can be split up or take a break at. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge