[Saints Sports] Vespucci MMA - Catch-up (2nd June)

7S0b34p.png

AP_123_Advert_Banner.png

tQyKifL.jpg

Four Fighters, One Trophy.

Vespucci MMA Catchup 

2nd June

Pre Match Interviews

To start with, we interviewed two of the fighters, Cam 'Vietnamese Viper' Chau and Bukha Kyzylsky. Both are competing in order to win the grand prize - the title and $100,000 in cash.

Big night tonight - what are your thoughts?

Cam Chau: Well, there is definitely a tense atmosphere righ' now, the fighters, like me are mainly used to friendly sparring fights, but now tha' prize money is on the table, I think it will get rather competitive.

Bukha Kyzylsky: I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous, there's a lot at stake tonight.

And how are you rating your chances?

Cam Chau: No comment, suppose we'll see hao' it goes!

Bukha Kyzylsky: Honestly? It's going to be close, we've both had promising friendlies over the last few weeks.

Anything you want to get out to Los Santos?

Cam Chau: Much love to my guys down a' Little Seoul, an' I wanna wish my pal Tim a healthy recovery.
Bukha Kyzylsky: I would like to thank my trainers, Cody and Eli, and all the fighters who have sparred with me over the past few weeks. There are some special people in the crowd tonight and I think they know who they are.

Sanchez vs. Sharf

dcMx6JJ.jpg

Technical difficulties in the dugout overshadowed what was a very close fight. Ultimately, the recovery that Sanchez' showed gave him an easy win against an opponent who perhaps showed his better side too early in the competition. After both Sanchez and Sharf were on the ground, Sanchez finished the job by repeatedly throwing jabs into Sharf, for the safety of the fighters, the fight was stopped and Sanchez won.

Sanchez moves onto the next stage of the tournament, Sharf is eliminated. 

Bukha vs. Chau

fzqIoQ4.jpg

Perhaps the better-known duo of the evening, many turned out to watch the battle to see off the successful fighter onto the next stage of the competition. Cam started strong, throwing a punch into Bukha that was quickly blocked, the duo showed their speed and finesse by blocking all of the initial hits in the first part of the round, ultimately, it was Bukha who came out on top with the first hit of the match, while Cam quickly retaliated, Bukha was no stranger to counter attacking, quickly managing to send off Cam with a right hook to the jaw, then finishing him off with a kick to the head. Cam laid defeated and Bukha reigned victoriously. 

Bukha moves onto the next stage of the competition, Cam is eliminated.

Post Match Interview

U1P1h24.jpg

So, big win and you just got yourself closer to $100k, how does it feel?

Bukha Kyzylsky: Well, I got a few more fights to win before I get the big prize, but I guaranteed at least two more chances for a spot on the podium, I'm ecstatic.
How do you see your chances for the rest of the competition?

Bukha Kyzylsky: don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think I can handle Sanchez. He's big but he lacks the discipline or experience to get him through to the end.

And finally, you talked a lot about your trainers tonight and how much they helped you, anything you want to say to them standing victorious tonight?

Bukha Kyzylsky: All I can say is thanks again, Eli has been by my side whenever I've needed him in the run-up to this fight, I owed him a win.

Best of luck for the rest of the competition, Bukha, and thanks again.

Saints News

#ForSaintsBySaints

Have FaceBrowser? Get Involved and Give Us A Like.

Read Our City Guide!

Saint.png

• Upvote 4
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic