MPH/KMH

SkaliX2

23 minutes ago, Brownie said:

American cars show KMH as well (inside the MPH, it’s reverse in Canada).

When I am driving in Canada I look at KPH because of the signage. When I am driving in America I look at MPH because of the signage.

3 minutes ago, Jessa said:

None said "switching" just having the ability to toggle between MPH and KMH

All you need to know is the speed limit:

80 MP/H (128 kph) on highways or any four lane or greater road
65 MP/H (104 kph) on county roads outside of Los Santos
50 MP/H (80 kph) on roads within Los Santos

Now you know how fast you are going.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

“We’re in an American city ICly”. Yet a lot of you still park on the left side of the road like it’s Europe. American cars show KMH as well (inside the MPH, it’s reverse in Canada).

It's in the penal code you can't park in the incorrect direction of travel. It is true that KMH is on the speed gauge. I would be happy with both. The mph/ and KMH in a smaller text.

Edited by Roach
9 hours ago, Brownie said:

“We’re in an American city ICly”. Yet a lot of you still park on the left side of the road like it’s Europe. American cars show KMH as well (inside the MPH, it’s reverse in Canada).

yeah i see it in my car every day and whenever i cross the border i swap as i do live 20 minutes away from canada, and whoever parks on the left side smh.. but nah i dont see a problem with allowing people to swap if they wanna i just personally dont see the need but if its easily implemented why not it doesnt hurt anyone.

Edited by SpawnMatrix
17 hours ago, SpawnMatrix said:

we use mph in america, we're in an american city icly so it should stay as mph. i wouldnt see an issue with allowing you to switch between the two, but it'd be kind of useless as the speedlimits are all in mph.

With all due to respect, would be nice having both Mph & Kmh show. Since there are cars that actually show MPH as main while in smaller text it shows KHM on the same dash

7 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

With all due to respect, would be nice having both Mph & Kmh show. Since there are cars that actually show MPH as main while in smaller text it shows KHM on the same dash

14 hours ago, SpawnMatrix said:

yeah i see it in my car every day and whenever i cross the border i swap as i do live 20 minutes away from canada, and whoever parks on the left side smh.. but nah i dont see a problem with allowing people to swap if they wanna i just personally dont see the need but if its easily implemented why not it doesnt hurt anyone.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, Dashing said:

They use MPH in America. We're roleplaying in a virtual America. There's no reason to do this. 

We roleplay in America. In America we can set our cars speedometer to either MPH/KMH. Even if it's not an electric display KMH lines are on the very same speedometer. 

Edited by Momo's Revenge
  • Upvote 1

To add to this suggestion, I would see it realistic if there is at least a /SMALL/ indicator that tells you KMPH since all American cars do come with them embedded onto the dashboard by default.

However, having ONLY KMPH wouldn't be realistic and I'm against this, personally. The only cars in the US which are capable of doing this are high end Audis, BMWs, etc.. or imports. Imagine what a nightmare that would be for devs.

Edited by iAMTemple