Delete.

Duke

18 minutes ago, Duke said:

Players with severe injuries that either put them into a critical condition, or are life threatening and would require extensive treatment in real life should be subject to such inhibitions in game.

For example, someone who is shot several times needs to undergo recovery for up to a week. 

This is a compromise I see instead of CKing people. The current system is a joke, someone gets shot and are out in 20 minutes good as new. 

This could be enforced by script, such as FD setting a person's recovery time based on guidelines. Much like PD set jail times themselves. 

support. 

• Upvote 1

Much like a CK, it is giving far too much power in the hands of people who are not a member of the staff team. It may not be realistic for someone to be injured and appear twenty-minutes later with a perfect bill of health, but this feature directly mimics at a minimum level, ajailing someone for whatever scenario they've been involved in. Alongside this, what if someone has their character put into recovery for a week, they then play their second character and through whatever bad luck, they're also put into recovery for a week and so on. You've not only directly stopped that person from playing that character, you've enforced and implemented a rather lacklustre system that in no way helps but to enforce some further degree of realism that forces them to no longer play unless they go to an admin for their injuries/recovery time to be removed so they can actively play once more upon the server.

It's entirely up to the player if they wish to roleplay their injuries or simply not log on, it is no way up to a player to decide whether or not they can roleplay that character entirely. Alongside this, you can argue that you receive little to no roleplay in the PD cells but this is just an inherent flaw of the system we have which is hopefully going to be resolved through the DOC (Department of Corrections). Plus, I believe there's also been some discussion of an actual medical centre with an active medical department staffed by players to be implemented in the future, although I feel that if that is added, then you would find people much more likely to roleplay recovery than simply being brought to the nearest hospital and being presented in a /do for whether or not they survive their injuries.

In my opinion, I really don't support this feature.

Edited by Ylva
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Ylva said:

Much like a CK, it is giving far too much power in the hands of people who are not a member of the staff team. It may not be realistic for someone to be injured and appear twenty-minutes later with a perfect bill of health, but this feature directly mimics at a minimum level, ajailing someone for whatever scenario they've been involved in. Alongside this, what if someone has their character put into recovery for a week, they then play their second character and through whatever bad luck, they're also put into recovery for a week and so on. You've not only directly stopped that person from playing that character, you've enforced a rather lacklustre system that in no way helps but to enforce some further degree of realism that forces them to no longer play unless they go to an admin for their injuries/recovery time to be removed so they can actively play once more upon the server.

It's entirely up to the player if they wish to roleplay their injuries or simply not log on, it is no way up to a player to decide whether or not they can roleplay that character entirely. Alongside this, you can argue that you receive little to no roleplay in the PD cells but this is just an inherent flaw of the system we have which is hopefully going to be resolved through the DOC (Department of Corrections). Plus, I believe there's also been some discussion of an actual medical centre to be implemented in the future, although I feel that if that is added, then you would find people much more likely to roleplay recovery than simply being brought to the nearest hospital and being presented in a /do for whether or not they survive their injuries.

In my opinion, I really don't support this feature.

It's nothing like a CK, it's similar to being jailed, you can RP in a hospital and have people visit you. 

It's not "up to a player to roleplay their injuries", roleplaying injuries is enshrined into the rules and enforced by admins. 

7 minutes ago, Duke said:

It's nothing like a CK, it's similar to being jailed, you can RP in a hospital and have people visit you. 

It's not "up to a player to roleplay their injuries", roleplaying injuries is enshrined into the rules and enforced by admins. 

Well, it's not entirely similar to being jailed due to the fact they aren't in a cell and can theoretically leave at anytime. Alongside this, like I've mentioned there is already a solution apparently within the works by the GOV faction to solve this issue, much like the one we have with jailing people as PD members, this being hinted here:

Alongside that, you've misunderstood my point where I state that it is totally up to the character to roleplay their injuries, by that I mean it is totally up to the character to roleplay their recovery or simply not log on to replicate their abscence as if they were kept inside a medical centre and being treated for their injuries. You are correct, it is enforced that you must roleplay your injuries, but it is in no way forced for you to roleplay your recovery. You /should/ roleplay your injuries, no matter what they are and you /should/ also roleplay your recovery from said injuries instead of acting as if nothing happened even though in some scenario you were shot 7+ times and still survived.

Edited by Ylva
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ylva said:

but it is in no way forced for you to roleplay your recovery. no matter what they are and you /should/ also roleplay your recovery from said injuries instead of acting as if nothing happened even though in some scenario you were shot 7+ times and still survived.

You just contradicted yourself, the rest of your reply was telling me what I wrote in my OP. 

I know jailing someone isn't entirely similar to giving them a recovery time, that's why I said it's similar, not identical. 

Forcing people into sitting in an interior with nothing to do because they got shot is just one of those things that won't work.

It's a nice idea in theory but just doesn't work on the side that nobody would want to sit in an interior doing nothing for several days because that's how you lose players. Nobody is forced to roleplay recoveries but it's heavily expected to do it to a degree but because of how time works on roleplay servers people'd never be forced to wait out the whole time because otherwise you'd be out of commission for several weeks to months for the smallest things.  If people get shot and then within an hour or two go around getting into chases and gunfights then you either report them to an admin or to PLM. It's just one of those things that are not feasible on roleplay servers due to the disconnect between what is possible and realistic and what is actually enjoyable for players.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Rybyn said:

Forcing people into sitting in an interior with nothing to do because they got shot is just one of those things that won't work.

It's a nice idea in theory but just doesn't work on the side that nobody would want to sit in an interior doing nothing for several days because that's how you lose players. Nobody is forced to roleplay recoveries but it's heavily expected to do it to a degree but because of how time works on roleplay servers people'd never be forced to wait out the whole time because otherwise you'd be out of commission for several weeks to months for the smallest things.  If people get shot and then within an hour or two go around getting into chases and gunfights then you either report them to an admin or to PLM. It's just one of those things that are not feasible on roleplay servers due to the disconnect between what is possible and realistic and what is actually enjoyable for players.

Does this mean we shouldn’t force people to sit in a cell just because they got arrested?

• Robyn locked this topic