Allow FD members to CK characters with injuries incompatible with life.

Duke

Just now, aldo said:

To stop DM 

How is CKing someone ‘stopping DM’?

Just now, Duke said:

Because currently, there's no fear. People shoot and kill indiscriminately not worried about being shot by police because they know it won't several affect them. 

Making people roleplay fear is something that’s extremely difficult to accomplish on a roleplay server. Everyone wants to be the next superman and do something that they wouldn’t be able to do in real life. Eitherways, this wouldn’t work.

Just now, Chillz said:

Making people roleplay fear is something that’s extremely difficult to accomplish on a roleplay server. Everyone wants to be the next superman and do something that they wouldn’t be able to do in real life. Eitherways, this wouldn’t work.

Because CK enforces fear RP, makes people think twice about their actions

Just now, Duke said:

No, you'd call FD hopefully and have them treated. 

This suggestion is for people in Cop v. Suspect scenarios to re-validate the fear factor, please re-read. 

I am a police officer myself and I do not mind the current situation. If I feel there is a lack of fear, a player will be reported. Trying to project fear upon a criminal by him potentially getting a CK and I am walking away unharmed is wrong and will trigger a wrong mentality by officers.

People will go to gang areas without any fear because officers can gun people down if they are fired upon and the criminals will get a CK. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Roach said:

Character CKing should be ending a characters arc, not punishment for poor roleplay. If you want to punish players for getting themself unnecessarily in a gunfight then make a report.

Not sure what you mean, it's not a punishment for poor roleplay.

1 minute ago, Rumbunctious said:

In that case I refer you to Character Kill Applications.

If you'd like someone to be CKed, submit an application detailing why you deserve to take a character from someone that they put time into.

Character  Kill applications are for pre-meditated murders.

Just now, Chillz said:

It'll instil fear and make people think twice about doing something that will get them shot. 

Just now, Tseard said:

I am a police officer myself and I do not mind the current situation. If I feel there is a lack of fear, a player will be reported. Trying to project fear upon a criminal by him potentially getting a CK and I am walking away unharmed is wrong and will trigger a wrong mentality by officers.

People will go to gang areas without any fear because officers can gun people down if they are fired upon and the criminals will get a CK. 

There's a difference between a lack of fear for a situation and a lack of fear pertaining to losing a character or dying. 

I'd say your opinion is way out of line with fellow officers, who constantly say there's an unprecedented amount of gang violence and shootings in particular areas of the city. 

If someone makes the decision to fire at an officer for no apparent reason other than they're a cop in their territory, hell yeah they should be CKed if they die in the process. They made that choice. 

Just now, Duke said:

If someone makes the decision to fire at an officer for no apparent reason other than they're a cop in their territory, hell yeah they should be CKed if they die in the process. They made that choice. 

No, they should be reported for their behaviour. 

It seems like you are trying to find a solution for these so-called problems but enforcing CK's upon people will not work. If people CK, they lose their character and asset and their hard work. They will have to start over again from scratch. I would not want to do that, under any circumstance.  Not everyone controls the situations and scenarios they come across with. Eventually, people will stop doing that, loose motivation and will stop joining gangs and factions and then the playerbase will get lower. 

5 minutes ago, Duke said:

Not sure what you mean, it's not a punishment for poor roleplay.

What I'm saying it is should be up to the player to decide the fate of their character, if you want to bulldoze CK every person's character that gets into a gunfight then new players will be discouraged from playing. I think putting a blanket CK on every character that dies to they're own ignorance really makes RP less valuable than the character. People want to tell a story, maybe a long story, maybe a short story, but the roleplay is what's fun, not forcing someone to start over and have to go through the script to make a story.

Edited by Roach
Just now, Tseard said:

No, they should be reported for their behaviour. 

It seems like you are trying to find a solution for these so-called problems but enforcing CK's upon people will not work. If people CK, they lose their character and asset and their hard work. They will have to start over again from scratch. I would not want to do that, under any circumstance.  Not everyone controls the situations and scenarios they come across with. Eventually, people will stop doing that, loose motivation and will stop joining gangs and factions and then the playerbase will get lower. 

You've described to me what a CK is, I know what a CK is. 

People won't lose motivation to join gangs, they'll get smart about how they roleplay in those gangs. They'll take their actions more seriously. 

If you're saying this suggestion will make people not want to shoot at police officers in fear they'll get CK'ed, you've described exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with the implementation of this suggestion. 

Just now, Roach said:

What I'm saying it is should be up to the player to decide the fate of their character, if you want to bulldoze CK every person's character that gets into a gunfight then new players will be discouraged from playing. I think putting a blanket CK on every character that dies to they're own ignorance really makes RP less valuable than the character. People want to tell a story, maybe a long story, maybe a short story, but the roleplay is what's fun, not forcing someone to start over and have to go through the script to make a story.

They choose that fate when they decide to commit an action that puts their character in mortal danger. 

The ability to enforce CKs will never be provided to any factions or individuals outside of the staff team, with the exception of illegal factions with CK agreements. While members of the LSFD usually have more knowledge of when it comes to survival chances, at the end of the day it's up to the individual player to decide if they wish to survive or not. This isn't an excuse for them to survive three headshots either. Players are always expected to roleplay their injuries correctly. 

Players not roleplaying fear properly can be dealt with by any admin. I've ajailed and CKed players for it myself and many other admins have too. The same goes for players not roleplaying recovering from their injuries correctly. If an individual seems to be doing this consistently, we have Player Management there to investigate and guide the player in the right direction.

In addition to my above points, the replies so far seem to strongly disagree with the suggestion. I'll be locking this as it won't be accepted and it is likely to escalate into further arguing.

• Upvote 1
  • Keane locked this topic